The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
Team Leader-HR Operations is mainly responsible to ensure the national Recruitment, Payroll management, Staff Compensation and Benefits, Staff disciplinary and grievances and other administrative functions are in line with DRC policies and Country Human Resources manual. S/he will proactively communicate with hiring managers, complete all recruitments in line with policies and procedures and within the set standard time by ensuring compliance and proper documentation.
This position will report to Country HR and Admin Manager and will have 3 Supervisees to manage the operations.
Due to urgency of the position the interested candidate encourages to apply as earliest. Female candidate are strongly encourage to apply.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Key Area 1: Recruitment and Selection
- With the guidance of HR and Admin Manager prepare recruitment plans for the country program and support functions.
- Take lead and initiate the process for manpower planning by incorporating recruitment planner, from advertising to selection, ensure right people in right place in line with DRC’s set recruitment standards.
- Ensure that all recruitments have been authorized by the CD or his/her designate along with recruitment planner, signed by both hiring manager and recruiter before the announcement/advertisement is made.
- Maintain quality and confidentially of the overall recruitment process. Ensure reference check as per DRC’s referencing policy and documents verification to avoid fraudulence before offer letters are made to the successful candidates.
- Maintain proper documentation of recruitment related files as per set check list.
- Counselling hiring managers on candidate selection; recommending changes. Ensure place of posting and joining.
- Analyze and review systems for efficiency and effectiveness. Ensure the recruitment Turn Around Time (TAT) are in standard place.
Key Area 2 : Compensation and Benefits
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems, directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Ensure collection of monthly timesheets and Prepare employees’ payroll within set time frame using payroll software
- Assist Country HR and Admin Manager by proving different HR Reports.
- Calculate the Individual TAX at source and ensure the deduction in line with NBR guidelines and ensure proper documentation of all payroll and Tax related data and maintain confidentiality.
- Assist Country HR and Admin manager by Identifying trends and implement new practices to engage and motivate employees
- Coordinate with the Insurance provide and ensure timely disbursement of claim. Maintain the Insurance tracker.
Key Area 3: Other Administrative Functions
- Support in reviewing and updating job descriptions, structures etc. Ensure job descriptions are in place for all roles and staff have signed and received JDs.
- Support in process of staff disciplinary in line with DRC’s disciplinary and grievances policies.
- Assist Manager to Introduce recruitment compliance day (1 day a month)
- Developing staff skills and awarding hiring managers on dos and do nots, their right and responsibilities during interview.
Key Area 4: Documentation and record keeping
- Update HR Talent Management regular basis for application rejection and selection and ensue rejection mail sent immediate after on boarding.
- Share staff movement list, new staff list to update in payroll and ERP.
- Job advert post in Bdjobs, DRC website and Relief web.
- Ensure the recruitment documentation as per the Recruitment SOP and DRC set standard.
Key Area 5: Reporting
- Develop a recruitment dashboard report on a monthly basis
- Update the recruitment tracker weekly basis and share with HR & Admin Manager.
- Circulate recruitment update reports to hiring managers as required
- Update the recruitment TAT and share to the Manager-HR and Admin
- Develop HRMIS and Expenses report on monthly basis.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Human Resources specially in Payroll Management and Recruitment.
- Experience working in Multinational Organization/Corporate.International NGO experience would be added advantages.
- Experience in conducting recruitment processes in humanitarian set up
- Experience working in multi-cultural work settings. Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision;
- Good reporting skills. Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Master’s degree in the field of Human Resources /Management from reputed University with PGDHRM is added advantage.
- Technical skills in Payroll Management, Staff Benefits, Talent management and quality recruitment.
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values