Team Leader - Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge Management
Secretariat of the Pacific Community, Suva, Fiji
Closing Date for Applications:
The role - Team Leader - Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge Management will lead, strengthen and direct RRRT monitoring, evaluation, learning, and knowledge management and communication activities to ensure robust reporting, accountability to RRRT stakeholders, and application and sharing of learning to improve programme performance. This includes: managing RRRT’s Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (MEF); building quality, results-focused monitoring evaluation and learning (MEL) into RRRT programmes data collection, planning and reporting processes; overseeing communications and publicity; ensuring alignment with SPC and donor MEL and visibility requirements; knowledge management and the development, and strategic dissemination of knowledge products.
The key responsibilities of the role include
- Monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting;
- Staff Leadership, Management and Mentoring;
- Programme/project development, design and resource mobilization;
- Knowledge management and communication.
- Key selection criteria
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as international development, human rights, project management, evaluation or economics.
- Knowledge and experience
- At least 9 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of social change programmes and projects;
- Experience in international development, including design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Project management experience, including budget development, report writing, programme promotion and marketing;
- Leadership experience, including managing staff appraisals and performance management;
- Experience in training, mentoring and coaching staff and country partners in monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in strategic planning and consultation processes.
- Skilled in a wide range of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods and data analysis;
- Strategic thinker with well-developed innovation and analytical skills;
- Results-orientated problem solving and high level of attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate programme learning to a wide range of audiences through a variety of user-friendly knowledge products;
- Skilled user of databases for entering, processing, cleaning and extracting data;
- Ability to train and motivate divisional staff on monitoring and evaluation systems and use of online reporting tools.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to work in a multicultural, inclusive and equitable environment;
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills.