Team Leader Strategic Partnership
United Nations Development Programme, New Dehi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
The main tasks for the Partnership Officer will comprise of:
- Work with the Resident Representative and team leads to develop key country private sector products and tools
- Identify new opportunities to cultivate high value partnership for the three programme pillars
- Develop the Resource Mobilisation and the Partnership strategy for India and identify tools to meet the goals.
- Create the Partnership action plan and target for 2020-2022 and provide team with new approaches to establish new pools of funding
- Lead and advise the Partnership team on functions for investor relations, account management, fundraising/business development for business sector/foundations/HNIs/network and public sector
- Develop the sub-national action plan for partnerships with project teams at the state level
- With support of communication team, identify key bankable projects and develop the pitching materials to support the partnership/project teams
- Work in close consultation with Regional Partnership focal point and BERA focal point to be fully updated about new partnership pathways at the global/regional level.
- Identify strategic events and speaking opportunities for the Resident Representative, Senior Managers, team leads and project managers to position UNDP as a preferred partner
- Develop a robust pipeline comprising of concrete partners for 2020-2021 and maintain a database for new partners in all projects
- Facilitate negations with key private sector companies for legal and operational compliance including MOU, CSA, payment structure
- Inspire and lead by example a partnership team to support them for meeting their full potential
- Identify new innovative financing mechanisms and tools in line with national priorities and the evolving ecosystem including but not limited to NITI Aayog, Ministry, National Voluntary guidelines and SDG CSR trust.
- Work with SDG team and economist network to support new government partnerships with key Government departments
- Act as a focal point to identify strategic collaboration opportunities with other UN agencies, UN global compact, business chambers, department of public sector enterprises and SME associations
- Provide strategic support to the management in coordination, briefing material, advocacy of major national events, visits from HQ and other high-level meetings
- Support in Results Based Management, M&E and related compliance for CO by providing clear deliverables, outcomes and roles of the team
- Provide technical guidance and advise to team lead and project teams as required
- Provide inputs and oversee the partner risk assessment standards for due diligence to manage risk related to new partnerships
- Demonstrates strong leadership and managerial skills to motivate the Partnership and drive ambitious results
- Has strong knowledge of partnership development tools, keeps abreast with new developments in areas of professional discipline and utilises them constructively
- Has sound knowledge of partnership management tools and instruments and utilises these regularly in work and assignments
- Results oriented and focused to deliver strategic outcomes and help the office meet the vision for Resource Mobilisation – Private Sector Development, Government Financing, IFI and donors
- Has excellent analytical skills and develops quality reports/tools to achieve results -
Demonstrates ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situation
- Has Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Identifies common interests and brings together all project team to a shared vision
- Has skills to make effective use of UNDP resources and comparative advantage to strengthen and develop a suite of partnerships
- has the ability to push forward the Partnership agenda with partners, donors and management
- demonstrates an understanding of ecosystem - client / partner / donor perspective and strives for high quality client-oriented services
- Is a team player and work effectively with other functions, projects to facilitate new partners
- Ability to identify challenges, propose solutions and take immediate corrective measures
- Can generate new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- has interest to learn and inspire new ways of doing business and bring creativity to the team
Required Skills and Experience
Education:Masters or equivalent degree in Business, Marketing, Management or related field.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the business or development sector which at least 10 years’ experience in Partnership development, fundraising or marketing role
- At least 10 years’ experience working on high level corporate partnerships, programme design, strategy for market development
- Thorough understanding of CSR strategies, policies promoting the ESR guidelines and interventions of Ministry of Corporate Affairs and National Stock Exchange
- Previous experience and understanding of the UN and private sector an added advantage
- Language Requirements: Fluency in English and local language a must.
Travel The position will require travel UNDP projects/sub-national offices and intermediate travel for partnership development.
Women Candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply.