FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Advisor (Family Planning & Sexual and Reproductive Health Services) (FP/SRH) for an anticipated Family Planning Opportunity in Nepal.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Technical Advisor (FP/SRH) will contribute to the overall project through strategic planning, evidence generation and dissemination, coordination, and advocacy. S/he will also work with the project team to deliver, document and disseminate results in an effort to improve knowledge management. S/he will be responsible for the oversight and technical direction of service delivery, and community and household-level strategies and interventions to further reduce the unmet need for FP/SRH including adolescent sexual and reproductive health (ASRH) services.
S/he will also provide technical support in improving access to FP/SRH including ASRH services, in the areas of reaching underserved populations, reaching male and female , adolescent girl and young women coordinating with a social marketing program, expanding community-based FP/SRH services, including contraception, increasing access to SRH information, including comprehensive sexuality education, develop different community outreach strategies, developing innovative approaches to increasing the contraceptive prevalence rate (CPR) identifying the needs of specific target groups such as very young adolescents, young mothers, and vulnerable girls.
This position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal, and will report to the Chief of Party.
- Lead the team in designing, implementation and management of the FP/SRH including ASRH component project; ensure high-quality program implementation through monitoring and oversight in close coordination with project staff.
- Provide technical assistance to strengthen the capacity of project staff, partners and other government staff to design and implement quality FP/SRH including ASRH programing using global best practices
- Provide technical guidance and strengthen capacity of district health institutions and other implementing partners for the delivery of a range of quality FP/SRH including ASRH services in line with the project guidelines.
- Work with government and other stakeholders on informing policy, guideline development, as well as advocacy on key health service delivery issues.
- Ensure technical quality of training activities through facilitative supervision and monitoring; jointly with government and partners, where feasible;
- Lead all FP/SRH activities of the project in the geographical jurisdiction assigned. The person will coordinate, identify and mobilize stakeholders who will be collaborators in the implementation of activities, oversee activity roll out, implement and sustain knowledge and demand for services
- Conduct needs assessments undertaken by the project in the area, including those for training needs, other assessments to be undertaken in the program in regards FP/RH.
- Establish and maintain effective follow-up and support system for partner agencies on FP/RH components as planned, ensuring performance of all FP/SRH indicators.
- Strengthen collaboration with the key stakeholders and partners including other USAID-funded projects for shared results through addressing both supply and demand side issues in the overlapping program districts.
- Represent project at the center and provincial level meetings/workshops among the Government of Nepal (GoN) officials, key stakeholders and partners including USAID partners FP team meetings and FP Sub-Committee, ASRH Sub-Committee meeting and other relevant Technical Working Group meetings led by the Family Welfare Division.
- Strengthen collaboration with other key players on ASRH, GoN and stakeholders at sub-national levels for improving quality Adolescent Friendly Services from the GoN designated service delivery sites.
- At least a master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Medicine; an additional qualification in Public Health with specialization on SRH, would be advantageous;
- At least have 5 – 8 years of experience and knowledge of FP/SRH including ASRH especially in the areas of implementation, and managing of public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors;
- Excellent skills in capacity building and experience in conducting trainings of different categories of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of public health related issues, sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues; written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of local language will be an advantage.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.