FHI 360, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
The Technical Advisor – Sanitation and Market-Based will be a dynamic force in the increase of market-based sanitation in DRC. The Technical Advisor will be responsible for technical leadership of the project. S/he will bring innovation and best practices in scaling up improved sanitation in peri-urban and rural communities to the project activities. S/he will also provide mentorship and oversight to project staff and project partners.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for the planning and implementation of project activities.
- Manage and support technical staff and local and international STTAs to achieve goals and ensure completion of programs on schedule and within budget.
- Maintain a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts, implementing partners’ technical staff, and other FHI 360 departments and projects.
- Provide guidance, training, and mentorship to project team on different aspects related to their professional development and to achieve project goals.
- Work in collaboration with the rest of the project leadership team to ensure that activities are implemented on schedule and within budget.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports; and other reports as required by FHI 360 and the donor.
- Master’s degree in business, finance, economics, public health, engineering, or other relevant field.
- At least eight years of experience, with increasing technical and management responsibilities in related field, such as WASH, private sector engagement, financing, local governance, including experience with sanitation marketing and market-based sanitation.
- Extensive experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in DRC.
- Demonstrated ability to advise host country officials at the ministerial level as well as businesses, and create and maintain effective working relationships with international and local stakeholders, businesses, NGOs, sub-contractors, and U.S. Government agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse technical team for activities of similar scale.
- Demonstrated excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills, with fluency in English and French.