Technical Advisor: Department of Basic Education, Adolescent Girls and Young Women
FHI 360, Durban, South Africa
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 through the Capacity Development and Support Program (CDS) funded by USAID seeks to appoint a Technical Advisor/ Project Coordinator to manage and support the implementation of the AGYW Project for the KZN Department of Basic Education (DBE).
Working under the supervision of the Director: SAG Support, the Project Coordinator will provide technical support and assistance in the coordination and monitoring of AGYW project activities in KZN within the DBE to ensure that project objectives and targets are accomplished according to the workplan.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Management and coordination of the AGYW project - The incumbent will manage and coordinate the implementation of the AGYW project in KZN and work closely with the DBE district KZN, other goverrnment department and relevant non-governmental organizations.
- Capacity development and support for the implementing partners (IP) - The incumbent will provide capacity development and support to implementing partners (IP) supporting school based programs to improve their technical capacity and improve service delivery.
- Monitoring and tracking of the AGYW project - The incumbent will monitor, track and document the activities, output and outcomes of the AGYW program to ensure that the project performs according to set purpose, objectives and targets.
- Stakeholder management and coordination - The incumbent will identify and coordinate different stakeholders such as different government departments, development and implementing partners of the AGYW including DREAMS Projects
- A 3 year National Qualification Framework (NQF) level 7 qualification equivalent to a degree in Education or Public Administration or Development Studies
- A minimum of 8 -10 years' relevant experience in coordinating community projects and or educational development projects and linking communities to health and social welfare services;
- Relevant and proven experience in project management or experience and knowledge of program interventions supporting in school adolescent girls and young women to increase school-going behaviour, complete high school education and achieve a National Senior Certificate, support approaches to reduce new HIV infections in AGYW, reduce teenage pregnancy, reduce gender-based violence and support increase economic opportunities for your people.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement work inputs from several sources and partners and manage the simultaneous delivery of multiple outputs required
- Good organizational skills including the ability to keep up to date and maintain accurate records in different formats and results driven
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.