Technical Advisor, Environment and Climate Change Initiative
FHI 360, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 seeks an Environment and Climate Change Senior Technical Advisor (STA) to lead the growth of FHI 360’s environment and climate change (ECC) strategic initiative. This includes identifying and securing financial resources, developing and supporting the implementation of technical strategies, programs or tools and building staff capacity and providing guidance to ensure that program design and implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines. The STA will coordinate closely with FHI 360’s other operating units, including disaster preparedness and response, economic growth, global health, nutrition, gender and digital solutions and FHI 360 subsidiaries.
This position can work remotely, but the preferred location is Bangkok, Thailand
- Grow FHI 360’s Asia Pacific environment and climate change practice area by securing funding for program implementation, research and thought leadership
- Support the design of, provide technical assistance and quality assurance to environment and climate change activities
- Develop tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components; ensure project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound
- Review, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs/projects and make recommendations for improvement
- Represent FHI 360 at professional meetings and conferences, organize scientific events and grow FHI 360’s reputation as a thought leader in the environment and climate change arena
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or its International Equivalent in natural resource management or a related field; Doctoral degree preferred
- 10 or more years of scientific leadership in one or more of the following areas: biodiversity loss, natural resource management, pollution, climate change, water resource management, energy
- Track record of securing donor funding for environment and climate change activities
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English