Overall, the Technical Advisor will be responsible in the provision of technical guidance and direction to the Country Office Team in the promotion of inclusive programming for children with disabilities through Asmae’s current project intervention support and in its future endeavor/undertakings.
In collaboration with the local partner, he/she will be responsible of the technical quality of this project and the activities developed by the partner organization within the framework of this project.
Technical guidance refers to ensuring that Asmae’s programming, especially of the Philippine Team, on children with disabilities is aligned with international and national framework, innovative and compelling, and engaging and empowering of the sector of children/persons with disabilities.
During this 18-month consultancy, the Technical Advisor will be integrated into Asmae’s team and will work closely with Asmae's Project Monitor in charge of monitoring the implementation of this project, as well as with Asmae’s Country Representative.
As a long-term consultant, s/he can work remotely based from the workplan to be developed with the Country Representative and report to office as scheduled or determined by consultant and the Country Representative.
Specifically, the duties and responsibilities of the Technical Advisor are:
Provision technical support and expertise to local partner to ensure the quality implementation of the existing programs and projects being supported by Asmae such as the Community-based Enrichment Program
Specifically, these activities are:
- Development of contextualized full-year curriculum for community-based enrichment program for children with disabilities aged 8 years and below;
- Capacity building of community facilitators of community-based enrichment program which will include post-training mentoring;
- Capacity building of the partner to champion the advocacy and mainstreaming of inclusive early childhood development and education to locally mandated structure and network;
- Lead in the participatory documentation and sharing of noteworthy practices to network organization;
- Represent Asmae in various local and national network for children with disabilities such as in the Sub-Committee for Children with Disabilities.
Provision of technical support and expertise to Asmae Philippine Team
- Work with the Project Monitoring Officer in the development of sound Monitoring and Evaluation Plan of the Community-Based Enrichment Program and other related projects being supported by Asmae;
- Work with the Technical Advisor for Child Protection in ensuring that existing projects have disability lens/perspective;
- Work with the Country Representative in the strategic positioning of Asmae Philippines as agency advancing the rights and welfare of children with disabilities and capitalizing opportunities for the organization’s visibility, as well as in the consolidation and diversification of partnership;
- Work with the team in the development of project design related to promotion of inclusive program for children with disabilities for potential donor.
Develop periodic plan
- Work with the Country Representative in the development of workplan that is based on key deliverables;
- Report to the Country Office the accomplishments and provide relevant programmatic and organizational recommendations.
Contributes or participates to National Office activities
- Attend regular meeting at the office;
- Participate in the virtual meetings with the headquarters;
- Participate in the monitoring missions undertaken by the headquarters;
- Perform tasks related to the staff’s technical qualification that may be assigned by the Country Representative.
Note: Asmae retains the right to amend or modify the present job description.
Education / Experience
- Preferably, with Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Social Sciences, Cooperation and Development, Human Social work and or other related field,
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in working on inclusive early childhood and education,
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in working with partners for inclusive early childhood and education,
- Significant experience in the field of social inclusion or protection in the Philippines,
- Experience in monitoring-evaluation, and reporting to donor.
Professional skills required
- Ability to effectively work in partnership on multiple levels and with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills including active listening
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities
- Fluent in English (oral and written skills)
- Pack office Management
- Highly committed and professional behaviour
- Able to initiate relationships based on mutual trust and respect
- Excellent organizational skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Strong level of initiative
- Diplomacy and humility