Technical Advisor (m/f)
Welthungerhilfe, Freetown, Sierra Leone
Closing Date for Applications:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of 18 months. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Freetown, Sierra Leone.
As Technical Advisor you will advise the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development at national level on the implementation of the Integrated Liquid and Solid Waste Management Chain. You will work closely together with the local project team in Koidu to manage prospective approaches as well as ensuring national policies foster the sustainability of the previous actions implemented in Bo, Kenema and Makeni.
- Participatory development of Waste Management Policies aiming at reduction, collection, reuse, recycling and safe disposal of waste
- Strengthening the enforcement of policies through participatory development of related rules and regulations for waste management at household, city, district and national level
- Advisory on technical implementation of the sustainably managed, integrated liquid and solid waste management chain development at secondary town and district level
- Advisory on the development of sustainable and cost recovering fee schemes for integrated waste management at secondary town and district level
- Documentation of relevant technical and procurement processes in accordance with the co-financing agreement and Welthungerhilfe directives
- Preparation of project progress reports
- A university or polytechnic degree in development/humanitarian aid or qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience working in the global South
- Professional experience in technical advisory at ministry level
- Broad knowledge of integrated liquid and solid waste management chain
- Coordination and organisational skills
- A high level of resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Very good spoken and written command of English; German would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.