Technical Advisor, Technical Service Organisation
World Vision, Singapore, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Position provides high quality technical assistance to NOs in programme design, execution, monitoring, evaluation and scale-up of core project models in alignment with WV’s strategy and help achieve child well-being impact. Develops proposals for grant donors, individuals, businesses, institutions and/or foundations as per requests from the NOs and SOs. Position is deployed for disaster response and other requests from the clients.
- Policies, Standards and Guidance:
- Reviews requests for technical services from the National offices, Regional offices, Support offices and global center and develops terms of reference for provision of such expertise.
- Provides high quality technical assistance to National Offices for TA/TP and programme design, monitoring and evaluation. This would include level 1 or 2 or 3 services to the clients.
- Co-creates and develops new project models in collaboration with and as per the requests from the GC Sector Lead.
- Scale-up core project model implementation in NOs, in alignment with strategy.
- Provides technical assistance NOs to contextualize and adapt partnership guidance in consideration of their contexts.
- Conducts technical reviews and provides consulting in response to requests from NO, SO, RO or GC clients.
- Work alongside National Office staff to build understanding of WV’s global sectoral approaches and core project models.
- Provide training to clients as requested.
- Mentors and coaches technical staff in NOs, and SOs.
- Identify innovative and promising approaches in field implementation as they provide technical services to the Nos.
- Share learnings within team (sector and/or project model).
- Develops winning proposals for grant donors as per specific requests from clients.
- Acts as Chief of Party or other technical staff of grant funded programmes of National offices during start-up phase.
- Provides other services based on service requests from clients.
Programme Quality/Evidence of Impact:
- Ensure NOTA and TP designs meet organizational standards.
- Influence decision makers and technical specialists in the NOs and SOs for continuous quality improvement.
- Participate in programme evaluations where requested by NO.
- Undertake quality assessments based on requests from the line management and provide necessary advise.
Knowledge Management and Communications:
- Document lessons learned.
- Contributes to organizational learning through active engagement and leadership within CoPs.
- Ensures personal ongoing professional development and growth.
- Work collaboratively with staff in other TSO sectors, and with GC sector and ministry teams.
- Approach work with a commitment to client-service, that grows the capacity of NO clients.
- Engage with external agencies as needed in the provision of technical services to clients.
- Based on requests from clients represent WV as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Mid-level/junior technical specialist.
- 5 years (min) field lever experience.
- Master’s degree in relevant technical area of specialization.
- Donor experience necessary.
- Practitioner/contributor Sector DME experience.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Training / adult learning as a required capability.
- Strong experience in grants acquisition and management with bilateral and multilateral donors.
- Experience both in programming, and revenue acquisition related areas.
- Experience working in fragile contexts and humanitarian responses (with a focus on Child Protection).