Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Purpose of the position:
- Design and implement innovative and cost effective information systems that can facilitate and improve the overall technical, administrative and managerial functions of the organization in the Regional Office and at country level.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Implementation of Information Systems in the Regional Office and Country Offices of the Organization.
- Determine user requirements for new or modified business processes.
- Develop and implement client/server and web-based applications in accordance with business requirements and EMRO/ITT standards for application development.
- Development of databases for the implementation of applications.
- Provide technical support for IT services related to knowledge management including collaborative portals,content management platforms, document management and information indexing and searching.
- Provide technical support and application maintenance in collaboration with other team members to provide second level technical support and problem resolution for applications in production.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution.
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented by training in computer programing.
- Minimum of three years of advanced training in software development and database development and administration.
- University degree in computer sciences and/or related sciences.
Functional skills and knowledge:
- Working knowledge of the design and implementation of client/server and web-based Information Systems.
- Proven technical skills in systems analysis, software development and systems documentation.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of the latest generation of programming languages, familiarity with the latest commercial platforms for software development, and database management systems.
- Working knowledge of project management methodology to effectively contribute in the implementation of software development projects.
- Ability to work effectively in the implementation of software projects in collaboration with other team
- Minimum of 8 years of experience, of which at least 4 years of relevant experience in: designing and developing Client/Server and web-based applications; software development tools, programming languages and relational database systems including Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft .NET Framework,
and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Working experience with Microsoft Sharepoint platforms.
- Knowledge of OLAP and Business Intelligence platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons residing within the local commuting area.
- This vacancy is published only in English.
- Applicants are kindly requested to pay attention to the screening questions as they will be used to screen out unqualified candidates.
- Only qualified applicants with the relevant experience will be considered.
- A written test/presentation and interviews will be used as a form of screening. The written test might be used as an eliminating tool.
- Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://erecruit.who.int/public/hrd-cl-vac-view.asp?o_c=1000&jobinfo_uid_c=34142&vaclng=en