The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental and humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and displaced persons. The NRC fights for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance in the areas of shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance and water, sanitation and hygiene.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5,000 committed and competent employees who participate in projects on four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the largest "short lists" in the world - NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to deploy with 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
The purpose of the position of Technical Assistant - Finance is to support daily support service to the NRC office in Caracas - Venezuela in the area of Accounting and Finance.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, manuals and guidelines.
- Support with the implementation of the portfolio of support functions according to the action plan.
- Prepare and develop status reports required by management.
- Ensure the proper archiving of documents.
- Promote and share ideas to strengthen support functions.
- Support the planning and monitoring of all financial, accounting and administrative actions of the office.
- Know and manage the accounting and financial tools that the NRC has implemented globally and locally.
- Carry out the application of internal control in the Office, in accordance with the Policies and manuals of the NRC, such as: Financial Manual, Anticorruption Policy, Internal Control Manual, Cash Manual, Control Procedures for Counterparts, among others.
- Support the socialization of administrative, financial and accounting manuals and procedures of the NRC.
- Process the countable facts of the office, respond for the documents that are generated, support the regional accounting closing and the preparation of the monthly reports or when they are requested.
- Prepare the Administrative Budget of the Office and consolidate it with the programmatic budget in accordance with the actions and / or guidelines of the NRC.
- Support the order and permanent updating of the financial files (physical and electronic) of the office.
- Responsible for processing payments to suppliers and contractors of the office in accordance with the rules established for this purpose in NRC.
- Manage the procurement procedures for supplies and materials that are necessary for the operation of the office, in accordance with the procedures and policies of NRC for each case.
- Perform continuous financial monitoring of the budget of the office and of the projects in execution.
- Respond for the resources assigned to him under his charge and the financial / banking management of the current account (s) of the office.
- Guarantee the proper application of tax and tax regulations in force in the country.
- Attend previously delegated meetings, as well as travel to designated areas, in strict compliance with safety regulations.
- The other tasks assigned by the immediate supervisor in the fulfillment of the objectives of the position.
- Technologist or student of the last semesters of Public Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related fields.
- Minimum one (1) year of proven experience in a similar responsibility.
- Solid knowledge in Venezuelan accounting and tax regulations.
- Proven experience in the use of accounting software and MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Advanced Excel handling is desirable
- Finance / Economics
- Administration / Organization / Management
Education title: Technologist or student of the last semesters of Public Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related fields.
Education level: Academy college / University
- Manage unsafe environments.
- Plan and achieve results.
- Empower and build trust.
- Communicate with impact and respect