Technical Expert - Basic Services & Sexually Transmitted Infection
Public Health Foundation of India, Uttarakhand, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. They are helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health.
Public Health Foundation of India’s (PHFI) through the “NACO-PHFI-TSU” project is managing up Technical Support Units – (TSUs) in five states of India namely Gujarat, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttrakhand. The TSUs will provide technical assistance to the State AIDS Control Societies. The project has been awarded to PHFI by the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO).
- Support SACS on all aspects of planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of PPTCT, EID, STI/RTI services and HIV-TB collaborative activities.
- Assist SACS in strategizing and executing plans for scaling up of coverage of ANC for HIV & Syphilis testing services including private sector.
- Facilitate coordination with senior officials of NHM including RNTCP, RCH, and SACS.
- Assist SACS in developing mechanism for minimizing linkages loss within PPTCT cascade from detection to treatment for HIV & Syphilis and to facilitate linkages between ICTC and RNTCP diagnostic cum treatment facilities.
- Spearhead and support SACS for the scale up of HCTS facilities and CBT sites in the country.
- Assist SACS in preparation of annual Action Plans with respect to BSD, STI.
- Provide support to DAPCUs, ICTCs and DSRCs for strengthening the service uptake.
- Support to SACS for quality record keeping of data, follow up on data collection, validation, analysis and reporting as well as feedback to the relevant facilities and functionaries.
- Assist SACS for efficient commodities management related to BSD & STI including timely forecasting, planning, procurements, monitoring the supply use at health facilities and reporting on stock outs on timely basis.
- Conduct regular supervisory visits to ICTC, STI clinics in the state.
- Facilitate the planning and execution of experience sharing across States/ Facilities.
- Development of a Road Map for transferring technical knowledge to ICTC and DSRC facilities.
- Undertake field visits, especially to poorly performing District/ Facilities to monitor and ensure smooth implementation of program activities.
- Support SACS in conducting Training/Capacity Building Workshops of DAPCUs and facility Staff.
- Provide a succinct report on the status of programme implementation and other important development on a quarterly basis or as and when required.
- Attend periodic review meeting at NACO.
- Any other work as assigned by the Supervisor or Project Director-SACS.
- Essential: MBBS
- Desirable: Preferably post-graduate / Diploma in community Medicine /PSM/ Any Clinical Discipline Or MPH/PG diploma in public Health / Health Management Or Fellowship in HIV medicine / Diploma in HIV medicine.
- Desirable: Experience in the field of health programs preferably HIV/ AIDS at National Level is preferable