Technical Finance Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for leading in the development of proposal budgets working closely with the project managers and specialists, maintaining of the master budget, training and development of financial tools and general day to day support to the finance team both in Amman and in the field as needed.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in budget preparation of grants applications and revisions to ensure compliance with NRC and donor guidelines as well as master budget coverage.
- Responsible to have the Budget Programme Overview (BPO) up-to-date and budgets uploaded in the NRC finance system (Agresso ).
- In coordination with Heads of Departments, ensure that the master budget is up-to-date.
- Prepare and maintain allocation tables for all master budget costs.
- Prepare monthly report on master budget coverage (including analysis).
- Develop and conduct trainings to finance and non-finance staff.
- Ensure that the authorization table and signatory list are up-to-date.
- Identify, in coordination with programmes and finance manager, needs for tools to support budget holders and finance for better financial management.
- Experience from working as a Finance Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the context in Jordan.
- Preferably knowlege and experience of the finance and donor rules relevant to the humanitarian sector.
- High level of finance software / systems experience