Technical HR Officer
Norwegian Refugee Council, Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
The role of the Technical HR Officer -Zaatari Camp is to support the effective implementation of
HR and Recruitment policies in Camp, by implementing sound HR and recruitment practices in
accordance with NRC HR polices and Jordanian labor law. The Technical HR Officer will be the
focal point for HR matters in Zaatari.
Under the direction of the HR Coordinator or the designate, take lead in personnel and
recruitment processes ensuring transparency, timeliness and proper documentation in the
Duties and responsibilities
- Management of project staff
- Implement plan of action for delegated portfolio of support function’s projects (activities,
- budget and project documentation).
- Day to day follow of progress in project implementation.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with NRC policies, support function tools, handbooks
- and guidelines.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and
- better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees In line with the advocacy strategy.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards &
- principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Advises line managers and staff on implementation of NRC HR policies and
- Manage all national staff recruitments for Zaatari ensuring that webcruiter (NRC's
- recruitment tool) is updated at all times/
- Support in IBV recruitment and Overall contrcat management.
- Manage the implementation of the recruitment system, and the recruitment tools
- including the recruitment SOPs
- Improve organisation attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices;
- monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits
- Take initiative in sourcing for potential candidates using a variety of outlets and
- websites, participating in job fairs while effectively targeting the right kinds of
- candidates for the job.
- Develop innovative ways to recruit and attract new talent to NRC
- Responsible for ensuring good data management, ensuring data is accurately
- uploaded and filed
- Disseminates HR information and messages to all staff under area of responsibility
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Core competency expertise.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Qualification requirement: Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Years of Experience: 3
- Intermediate Computer skills in Microsoft office
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Team work skills
- Good diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Managing performance and development
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Strategic thinking
- Managing resources to optimize results