Technical JIF Officer
Norwegian Refugee Council, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and responsibilities
Management of project staff
- Implement plan of action for delegated portfolio of support function’s projects (activities, budget and project documentation).
- Day to day follow of progress in project implementation.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with NRC policies, support function tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees In line with the advocacy strategy.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- JIF is seeking a highly motivated Technical Officer to join the JIF team and contribute to JIF collective effort by
- 1/ Supporting administratively and logistically the JIF secretariat
- 2/ Collecting, sharing and managing different sources of information and maintaining up to date databases 3/ Supporting JIF related working groups in performing their tasks
- 4/ Assist the JIF coordinator to coordinate with government and Jordanian organizations.
- The Technical Officer supported by its line manager will be particularly engage on localization pillar and government liaison through pro-active interactions with relevant stakeholders including mapping, individual meetings and facilitating the interactions with JIF members.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Core competency expertise.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Qualification requirement: Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Years of Experience: 3
- Experience working with an INGO required.
- Proven ability to collect, analyze and report on information/data.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic required. Ability to draft reports in English.
- Strong computer skills require
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results