Technical Livelihood Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
NRC in Jordan
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- NRC Jordan is hiring a Livelihoods Technical Coordinator that will be responsible for the collection, management, and analysis of all relevant data that will drive NRC’s Livelihoods programme. Under the supervision of the Livelihoods Specialist, the Technical Coordinator will support the development and evolution of NRC’s livelihoods’ strategy through the promotion of evidence based decision making. The position requires both strong analytical and communication skills. The Technical Coordinator will represent NRC Livelihoods in senior level meetings with donors and partners. In addition, this person will be responsible for designing and leading capacity building activities for all relevant staff. This position will require travel between the project sites.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Contribute to the development of Core Competency strategy, Micro Log Frame, and Plan of Action.
- Contribute to the specific Core Competency programme development, adjustment or review.
- Conduct Core Competency technical assessment and present recommendations.
- Conduct specific Core Competency technical research and document findings and recommendations.
- Provide specific Core Competency technical input to coordination mechanism (e.g. cluster coordination) and working groups.
- Develop specific Core Competency technical indicators and mechanism for monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop specific Core Competency technical guidance, tools and mechanism.
- Contribute to organisational learning through the provision specific technical analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Develop training modules and provide specific technical learning or/and training for project staff.
- Provide training to relevant stakeholders.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Support the development and implementation of the Livelihoods Strategy through data driven decision making.
- Lead the development of an IM system for NRC’s Graduation Approach Livelihoods Programming.
- Support the Transition to Employment (t2E) team on all IM related activities including the development of data management systems and managing all relevant T2E databases Creation and monitoring of data collection procedures and IM SoPs.
- Deliver regular internal updates and monthly reports on key project indicators, progress, and forecasting for internal and external actors.
- Conduct additional qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis as requested by livelihood specialist.
- Ensure NRC's data protection policy is being applied to all activities and staff are aware of the specific data protection protocols.
- Train relevant project staff on data collection and field level quality control measures.
- Liaise with NRC's Monitoring and Evaluation department to ensure reporting requirements are met.
- Develop user-friendly visual analytics including infographics, dashboards, and graphics using tools like Power BI.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- We are looking for a university graduate in Computer Science, IT, Computer Systems Engineer, Management Information Systems or related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within field of expertise. Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector. Documented technical competencies related to the position’s responsibilities. Excellent IT and data management skills including experience in working with case management databases. Excellent knowledge of MS Package. Substantial knowledge in collecting and managing quantitative and qualitative data. Advanced knowledge in Excel and Access (or equivalent). MySQL knowledge is an advantage. Experience working with visualization software (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.). Background in mobile data collection and previous experience in delivering trainings and to have experience supporting Humanitarian and/or Development Livelihoods projects is a plus.
- We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
- In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
- Computing / IT
- Other subjects
- Education Level
- College / University, Bachelor's degree