FHI 360, Durham NC, United States
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The Technical Officer will support both the MDPI initiative and the PROMISE project and will provide overall technical and project management support to both teams. Specifically, the Technical Officer will provide technical and project management support for several activities focused on product introduction across therapeutic areas and specifically for the dapivirine vaginal ring. Responsibilities will include the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers and interventions. They/Their will provide technical support and guidance to staff and partners in country offices and at the global level. The Technical Officer I will also support communications and research utilization. They/Their will also be involved with evaluating programmatic effectiveness of interventions (e.g., by supporting qualitative or quantitative research) and developing technical assessment reports and/or presentations. They/Their will be responsible for the development of work plans, reports to funders, and other related program objectives and deliverables.
- Develop, lead, and manage implementation of the MDPI strategy, workplan and database.
- Liaise with FHI 360 internal departments to strengthen and expand the MDPI community of practice.
- Support the development of PROMISE ring situation analyses across multiple countries, monitoring their progress, and working with the technical/country leads to ensure completion.
- Conduct and/or support data analysis for the PROMISE stakeholder dialogues in collaboration with the technical/country leads.
- Lead and manage the production of technical deliverables, including establishing timelines, liaising with writers, editing, and formatting documents as needed.
- Develop, update, and monitor technical tracking tools to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Develop meeting agendas, meeting materials, set up webinars, and providing other logistical and technical support as needed for project activities.
- Support business development and administrative needs as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its international equivalent in Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, International Development, Social Sciences or related field, plus 2 years’ minimum experience. Master’s degree in public health preferred.
- Experience with public health program management, US Government rules and regulations
- Experience working in international settings
- Technical knowledge of product introduction and market development
- Technical knowledge of HIV prevention
- Demonstrated diplomatic, project management and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization
- Fluency in written and spoken English required