Technical Officer M&E
FHI 360, Jakarta, Indonesia
Closing Date for Applications:
The USAID-funded project, Linkages Across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program is implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Pact, IntraHealth International and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) — sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs — and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. LINKAGES will accelerate the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV. The key elements of the FHI 360-led team’s strategic and technical approach are:
- Identifying key populations and locales and comprehensively assessing risk,
- Diagnosing “leaks” and revealing access barriers within the HIV services cascade,
- Scaling up “what works” while innovating to ensure the most strategic use of resources and access to newly emerging technologies,
- Addressing structural barriers and transforming local KP organizations,
- Ensuring interventions are sustainable over the long term, and
- Supporting the mainstreaming of human rights, gender and competency and capacity development.
The LINKAGES M&E/SI Technical Officer provides technical assistance and support to LINKAGES/Indonesia in all aspects of strategic information, including monitoring and evaluation (M&E), information systems development and maintenance, and surveillance.
- Support in development of M&E design for LINKAGES program in Indonesia including M&E work plan, M&E design; selection and measurement of appropriate indicators; development of appropriate M&E recording and reporting forms and mechanisms
- Provide technical assistance and support to national partners in M&E system, QA/QI, surveillance, data analysis and data use of HIV cascade to National HIV/AIDS and TB Program partners, including the Ministry of Health, Global Fund to Fight Against AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria (GFATM) Principal Recipients, Community Organization and others as determined by the LINKAGES program
- Work with LINKAGES STA, M&E/SI to ensure that programs are well monitored and evaluated, with appropriate indicators of success, and impact measurements
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to LINKAGES technical unit
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to LINKAGES monitoring and evaluation work plan
- Participate actively in program planning process and budgeting
- Assist Senior Technical Advisor, M&E/SI in developing quarterly, six-month and annual reports and developing LINKAGES work plan and budget process
- Share learning from M&E process with other LINKAGES team
- Work collaboratively with other LINKAGES team for strengthening integration and cross-learning in program
- As requested, provide strategic information
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years professional experience in M&E positions with responsibility for developing and implementing M&E activities of development projects (health or and community projects).
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in public health, statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in providing assistance to the PHO/MOH and community organization in monitoring database systems (SIHA) or community monitoring system
- Experience in planning and performance measurement for USAID PEPFAR-funded programs, including indicator selection, target setting, results reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Advance skill in Microsoft Excel and database management
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, data quality assessments and oversight and managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers.
- Must be proficient in both written and spoken English language and fluent in Bahasa Indonesia.
- Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations and experience working in an international NGO/PVO environment desirable.
- Previous experience in Indonesia is required.