Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Description of Duties
The Technical Officer (M&E) will work under the supervision of the Project Chief Technical Advisor, and will perform the following duties and tasks:
- Support the implementation of the project activities, ensure proactive and efficient workflows between the project and CO Cairo; this will include the preparation of all technical documentation (TORs, minute sheets, request orders) for all contracts and purchase orders, and preparing budget estimates and monitoring expenditures;
- Maintain and update the project's M&E related documents in accordance to the Performance Monitoring Framework; Conduct on-going revision of the project's achievements and ensure proper documentation;
- Prepare high quality project documentation for dissemination on the project's activities and achievements.
- Increase the visibility of the project's achievements, by preparing reports, briefs, articles, and flash reports for dissemination and publication on both the Cairo and HQ websites.
- Ensure that the project has clearly defined results in line with the logic model (outcomes/outputs, indicators/milestones/targets/baselines, etc);
- Ensure that a clear M&E system and plan is in place for the project (M&E plans, mechanisms for data collection including use of appropriate tools and techniques, data management and analysis) and oversee the technical guidance for the implementation of the M&E plan, through training and other on-site support;
- Support the establishment of necessary baselines including development of TORs, design and costing of baselines survey, when appropriate;
- Establish regular feedback mechanisms within the governorates in order to track, monitor and update achievements;
- Support project staff in the production of results-focused implementation;
- Undertake reporting of project achievements, including ILO reporting, as well as donor and other stakeholders reports, extracting lessons-learned and mitigation measures; draft and edit reports and papers for submission and/or publication;
- Coordinate with project partners and other related projects in areas of research and analytical work;
- Draft Terms of References for studies, Requests for Proposals, Implementation Agreements and Purchase Orders for project activities;
- Provide technical and administrative support to the project staff;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- First level university degree in the relevant technical field, complemented with demonstrated expertise in the relevant technical field, including a proved track record of research.
- At least three years of professional experience. Prior M&E experience within the UN or international programme management experience in this field and work experience in Egypt and/or North Africa would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of English, strong reading and communication skills in Arabic would be desirable.