Technical Program Manager - Digital Health Solutions
PATH, Hanoi, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Leadership & Governance. Actively support intra-government convening with the Ministry of Health and General Department of Preventive Medicine (GDPM) to establish guidelines, review data systems, and oversee adherence to eHealth strategies and standards.
- Infrastructure. Maintain landscape of country and regional infrastructure regarding availability of existing systems, electricity, connectivity, server hosting capabilities, IT development capacity, and maintenance support for various levels of the health system.
- Strategy & Investment. Articulate vision for digital health for the country, building a case for action, and align donor investments through technical contribution to concepts and proposals.
- Policy & Processes. Assist national policymakers in adoption of evidence-based policies that strengthen surveillance, laboratory, immunization, and other health information systems.
- Standards & Interoperability. Foster harmonization of national M&E framework, interoperability architecture in support of communication with and between Emergency Operation Centers (EOCs), and technology standards to improve health system performance.
- Services & Applications. Promote PATH’s user-centric design methodologies for service and applications. Ensure endorsed data platforms have strong technical project management and change management support.
- Workforce. Catalyze efforts to grow qualified technical staff in the region (e.g. software design, development, project management, and ICT support). Build capacity for data use at each level of the health system through the establishment of peer-networking, mentoring, and other methods. Build capacity for data use at each level of the health system through the establishment of peer-networking, mentoring, and other methods.
- The selected individual will also be expected to work closely with the global Digital Health team and country/regional leadership to respond to ministerial, donor, and PATH requirements; provide regular human interest stories; and assist with communication in general as to demonstrate PATH’s contribution to better health.
- Capable leader who has worked extensively in multi-national, multi-cultural environments bringing diverse groups together to achieve a common purpose with patience, grace and humility across the Mekong region.
- Excellent English oral, written, and presentation skills including evidence of quality proposal development, report writing, and presentations. Vietnamese language skills desired.
- Advanced document creation, collaboration and management skills including the use of Microsoft Office, Visio or equivalent business process modeling notation (BPMN) skills. Graphic design, modeling, and visualization skills.
- Demonstrably strong analytical skills, including qualitative and quantitative analysis, IT architecture and systems analysis, and excellent deductive and inductive reasoning skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both ICT professionals and health sector professionals and be able to facilitate communication between these communities.
- Understanding of the global health context including international health architecture.
- Superior project management skills of virtual teams with demonstrated ability to manage vendors, collaborate with partners, and coordinate implementation activities.
- Graduate degree in public administration, business administration, management information systems, or computer science.
- At least ten years of combined professional experience in at least two of the following industries: IT management consulting, corporate IT, or equivalent information system design, development, and administration.