Technical Quality and Compliance Officer
Norwegian Refugee Council, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Evaluate the soundness, adequacy, and effectiveness of operating policies, procedures, and controls, in the areas of programme, finance, HR, administration, logistics and procurement and in accordance with NRC s operational standards as expressed in the various policy documents, handbooks and other guidelines and monitor compliance in the implementation of those policies and guidelines
- At the direction of the Quality and Compliance Coordinator, fully track and support in the investigation of complaints, allegations of suspected fraud or misconduct.
- Provide support and guidance on project specific external and internal audits.
- Conduct trainings on topics of quality operating standards, Compliance, participation with the HR team on Anti-Corruption sessions in inductions and trainings.
- At the direction of the Quality and Compliance Coordinator, frequent travel in between all locations to conduct different compliance activities such as spot checks and provide Findings, Recommendations and create SoPs for the conducted spot check to the Quality and Compliance Coordinator.
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the Quality and Compliance Coordinator support in conducting the corruption risk mapping procedures and follow up processes.
- Work with each field site/sector in order to compile location based risk mapping and score cards.
- Support internal investigations.
- Support continuous improvement of operational standards.
- Provide quarterly reporting to the Quality and Compliance Coordinator.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Core competency expertise.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant university field (Industrial engineering, Finance, public administration and similar).
- Experience from working in a similar role in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Full proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Preferably an audit and/ or investigator qualification.