NRC in Jordan
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
The Technical Recruitment Officer will manage recruitment processes for NRC Host Area Office ensuring transparency, timeliness and proper documentation in the process.
Our Ideal Candidate:
The candidate must hold a Bachelor degree or equivalent , with a minimum of Three years of experience in a similar field preferably in humanitarian context.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, to have the ability to analyze data and trends for informed decisions, must be details oriented, well organized and planned to handle multiple tasks. the candidate should have good knowledge of English, written and spoke.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
- Manage all national staff recruitment for Jordan Host ensuring that webcruiter (NRC's recruitment tool) is updated at all times.
- Manage the implementation of the recruitment system, and the recruitment tools including the recruitment SOPs
- Participate in interviews for Jordan Host ensuring transparency in the process.
- Develop and manage the Job Description database and ensure it is updated regularly.
- Ensure the recruitment files are complete and updated with every stage of recruitment both hard copies and digitally on webcruiter.
- Ensure apology letters are issued and files archived in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the training and personnel units to ensure induction for new joiners are completed.
- Improve organisation attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits.
- Take initiative in sourcing for potential candidates using a variety of outlets and websites, participating in job fairs while effectively targeting the right kinds of candidates for the job.
- Develop innovative ways to recruit and attract new talent to NRC.
- Management of project staff.
- Implement plan of action for delegated portfolio of support function’s projects (activities, budget and project documentation).
- Day to day follow of progress in project implementation.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with NRC policies, support function tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees In line with the advocacy strategy.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.