The Norwegian Refugee Council is an international, independent, humanitarian, non-governmental organization that provides assistance to refugees’ and internally displaced people in many countries worldwide including Libya. As a part of its assistance, NRC provides information, counselling and legal assistance (ICLA) services to empower beneficiaries and support them to claim and exercise their rights. NRC beneficiaries include: Refugees, internally displaced people, and members of host community.
NRC’s ICLA program seeks to establish and implement information management systems that will enable improvement of internal management, program/project performance and evidence-based decision making. Within this context, the Information Management Officer will implement and support information management systems to support Core Competency project implementation.
Duties and responsibilities
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Implement plan of action for delegated portfolio of Core Competency projects (activities, budget and project documentation).
- Designs the team's information and counselling activities, sets work plans in line with targets and oversees the quality of provided services.
- Day to day follow of progress in project implementation.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, Core Competency tools, handbooks and guidelines and ensure proper filing of all relevant project documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC
- Supervises the implementation of ICLA programme guidelines and procedures in line with the ICLA strategy.
- Ensure compliance by the ICLA staff on ICLA policies, and implementation of ICLA case management and M&E tools.
- Builds the capacity of team members and provides ongoing case work support, including through the development of dedicated work tools and IEC materials.
- Coordinates the team's activities internally within NRC and externally with local communities, stakeholders and partners.
- Oversees the team's referral activities.
- Monitor the general context through regular field access and coordination to identify issues affecting IDPs, hosts and inter-community relations.
- Produces periodic quantitative and qualitative reports on operational issues and field trends Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- We are seeking a motivated humanitarian professional to join our
- team. University graduate in social sciences, political science, law or other related fields with minimum 4 years relevant work experience. Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context (with an NGO), and working in complex and volatile contexts.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing, and data presentation;
- Ability to priorities responsibilities, carry out multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Arabic.
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Knowledge of the context in Libya desired;
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential;
- Strong organizational and team working skills;