United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), East and Southern Africa, Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Partnerships and Coordination
- Provide government counterparts at central, provincial and district levels with the technical backstopping, assistance and advice on the strategic direction for strengthening the delivery, access to and quality of family planning services; Support includes but not limited to strengthening national level coordination on FP, reviewing and advising on the National Family Planning Act, developing the family planning communication strategy; reviewing and developing national family planning strategy and the costed implementation plan respectively.
- Lead and coordinate UNFPA technical support to the realignment of Zimbabwe National Family Planning Council to the FP strategy 2016-2020.
- Ensure UNFPA representation and active participation in key FP fora including the National FP Coordination Forum, DTTU, CPT Working Groups
- Participate in policy dialogue, prepare policy briefs and other materials for evidence-based policy dialogues and advocacy.
- On behalf of UNFPA, coordinate the H6 initiative across UN agencies
- Work closely with the different coordination and consultative groups in the Ministry of Health, within the UN system and with development partners for better coordination and alignment of UNFPA’s support/work in FP while maintaining a continuous flow of information with these partners in policy, technical and programmatic consultations
Technical Support and Programming
- Act as the lead resource person as well as programme manager on family planning for Country Programme 7;
- Provide technical and programmatic support to ensure linkages with regular reproductive health (RH) programmes of UNFPA, such as Maternal Health, ASRH, HIV and GBV;
- Provide technical support to the Representative to lead FP2020 coordination group in Zimbabwe with development partners;
- Provide technical updates, training and mentoring for programme staff and partners in relevant clinical and technical areas related to family planning (e.g., LAPMs);
- Identify requirements for and contribute to the development of new and/or updated policies, frameworks, guidelines and standards related to RH/FP
- Provide technical guidance in the development and implementation of models and approaches for locally appropriate family planning (including but not limited to LAPMs) service delivery and for supportive supervision of service providers based on best practice;
- Assess and advise, in close collaboration with the RHCS team, on the supply chain management to ensure regular and uninterrupted supply of contraceptive commodities;
- Actively participate in the development and updating of guidelines, standards, tools and approaches as required;
- Provide technical guidance and management support to the Family Planning Cluster in the office;
- Guide the plan and implementation of the RH/FP workplans and conduct regular technical monitoring visits to the field sites to ensure quality delivery of the programme;
- Ensure that all service delivery planned and provided to the community is of high quality and responsive to RH/FP results of the Health Development Fund under UNFPA management;
- Lead in resources mobilization efforts for FP programmes
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Provide technical and programmatic support for family planning related research, and identify, document, and disseminate lessons learned and best practices in family planning.
- Lead in the utilisation of relevant RH/FP related databases to inform programming
- Analyze and report on programme and project progress in terms of achieving results, using existing monitoring and evaluation tools and introducing new mechanisms and systems.
- Lead the preparation of relevant work plans by implementing partners and monitor and evaluate progress according to the Project monitoring plan
- Monitor projects expenditures and disbursements to ensure delivery is in line with approved project budgets and to realize targeted delivery levels, and coordinates timely delivery of quality project and financial reporting
- Any other activities/responsibilities as assigned by the UNFPA Representative.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters Degree in Reproductive Health, Obs&Gyn, Public Health, Community Medicine or other related subject.
- 7 years of experience in clinical and programmatic family planning programming and/or Reproductive Health Care programmes, out of which 5 years of experience in developing countries.
- Experience in promotion of long acting and permanent methods of contraception in similar cultures is an asset.
- Experience in organizational reform is an asset.
- Experience in working with development partners in health sector in East and Southern African Countries.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic programme management with strong technical knowledge of family planning, reproductive health and/or maternal health and how services link to communities and special client groups in East and Southern African Countries.
- Interpersonal and communication skills for the dissemination of information and the advocacy activities.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in current Microsoft Office software applications.
- Proficiency in data processing and analysis software e.g. CSPro, SPSS, STATA, is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://erecruit.partneragencies.org/psc/UNDPP1HRE/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_HM_PRE&Action=A&SiteId=1