Background Information - Job-specific
The Central African Republic (CAR) is a very fragile country marked by recurrent conflicts, the most recent of which were recorded in 2013 by clashes between several armed groups. The violence that followed this crisis of 2013 on the one hand, severely damaged public goods and basic socio-community infrastructure and on the other, disrupted people's access to basic social services.
The office has developed strong working relationships with international partners, United Nations agencies, including UN missions and the governments of Central Africa over the years. It provides technical support and capacity building in the areas of strategic development, including rehabilitation and infrastructure development in the health, education, public works, governance and administration sectors public; procurement, project management and sector consulting services; peace and security, preservation of the environment and protection among others, The mission of UNOPS is to assist the poor by strengthening the capacity of the United Nations,
Within these three main areas of expertise, the organization provides its partners with transactional services, advice and implementation, for projects ranging from the construction of schools and hospitals to the purchase of goods. and services, including training of local workers. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure the economic, social and environmental sustainability of the projects the organization supports, with a particular interest in building national capacities.
UNOPS operates in some of the most difficult contexts in the world, and its vision is to improve sustainable implementation practices in the areas of development, humanitarian assistance and peacebuilding, while meeting or exceeding systematically the expectations of its partners.
The Democratic Republic of Congo
- Located in Kinshasa, the UNOPS operational center in the Democratic Republic of Congo (CDOH) covers eleven countries.
- The UNOPS office has established over the years a solid professional relationship with UN agencies, including UN missions, the governments of Central Africa, and its international partners. It provides them with technical support for their strategic development activities such as elections, purchasing and capacity building in purchasing, environmental protection and the construction and rehabilitation of infrastructure.
- Under the administrative authority of the Chief Operating Officer and the direct technical supervision of the Procurement Analyst, the Procurement Technician will have the following responsibilities and responsibilities:
Preparatory phase for launching calls for tenders
- Actively participate in the development and quality control of pre-qualification files and calls for tenders for works, service and goods;
- Actively participate in the evaluation and quality control of prequalification files and the establishment of short lists;
- Actively participate in evaluations and reviews of technical prescriptions and terms of reference / technical specifications and specifications.
Bid evaluation phase
- Actively participate in the analysis of offers for the procurement of goods, services and works until the establishment of evaluation reports and obtaining the required non-objections;
- Actively participate in technical and financial evaluations of services / goods / works and consultants until the preparation of evaluation reports.
Negotiations and award of contracts
- Actively participate in contract negotiations with consultants; auctions and verification of the authenticity of suppliers before signing the contract;
- Maintain the classification and conservation of procurement archives.
- Ensure compliance with the established Procurement Plan;
- Contribute to updating the Procurement Plan as needed and after consultation with the project manager;
- Perform any other tasks at the request of the supervisor.
- A Civil Engineering Engineer diploma (BAC + 5) is required.
- A Bac +3 with two (02) years of additional experience will be considered in place of a Bac +5.
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience in the procurement of goods, works and services.
- Applicants with an Engineering Technician or BAC + 3 diploma must have at least 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent command of the French language is required.
- Having a good knowledge of English would be an advantage