The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency working to create a world with zero hunger. We are seeking to fill the position of Private Sector Partnership Manager, based in our Head Quarters in Rome, Italy. This is a full-time consultancy contract, with an initial length of 11 months, renewable. Desired start date is early 2019.
WFP is committed to growing private sector fundraising with a focus on individual giving. It is recognized as a fundraising channel that has been successfully used by other UN agencies for whom it generates the bulk of their private sector income. In addition, individual giving can provide a high proportion of unrestricted income which is critical to supporting the long-term goals of country strategic plans (CSPs). The Private Fundraising and Partnership division (PGP) is committed to test and validate individual giving as a significant strategy for growth during 2018-2019. The proposed focus of the development of individual giving is through a digital-first strategy and as part of this WFP is upgrading its systems and infrastructure to receive and process donations from individuals as well as the systems to store and manage supporter information. The aim being that WFP can engage with supporters in their preferred channels and maximize their long-term support for the cause of zero hunger through seamless constituent experience.
WFP is already an extensive user of Salesforce; however, this platform has not been used to store or manage individual supporters. During 2019, the transition of individual giving to Salesforce will be conducted, and the new set of tools will be defined to support end-to-end individual donation process.
PGP is now looking for a Technology Lead to support development of new systems and ensuring the business continuity during transition from the current platform. The consultant is an experienced Full Stack Developer able to meet the projects deliverables and deadlines by prioritizing coordination and organization of tasks and responsibilities.
Technology Lead will report the Head of Individual Giving and will collaborate closely with individual giving team, IT division and Communications division of WFP.
Duties and responsibilities
Transformation phase: technical migration and building a foundation for future technologies
- Oversee technical migration from current systems used for individual donations: donation platform, payment gateway, API, CRM, campaign pages, reporting tools
- Monitor and advise on best practices in digital fundraising from technological point of view
- Manage external companies providing current IT systems’ maintenance services
- Undertake necessary measures to ensure PCI DSS compliance across various systems
- Support user testing, user training and go live during deployment and implementation
- Ensure that the development done is compliant with corporate policies, guidelines and procedures
- Keep technical documentation up to date
- Oversee technical support to future CRM platform (based on Salesforce), integrated payment systems, marketing and reporting tools ensuring the systems are up and running.
- Work with the implementation partner to set up new system, act as a Product Owner in agile teams with external supplier.
- Support development projects execution, quality and scope, specifically (but not all inclusive) for the tasks related to the development of templates, automatic tools, quality assurance and usability.
- Seek for continuous improvements, ongoing enhancement and extend the use of the applications to better exploit the functionality of the holistic platform.
- Support the individual giving team in other key priorities as required.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree or relevant educational certification in Computer Science, IT Engineering, Professional Software Engineer or closely related discipline.
- A strong background in troubleshooting and technology support will be beneficial.
- Salesforce developer certification is a strong advantage.
- Agile/Scrum certification is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience technology sector with at least 2 years as a technology lead
- Minimum 2 years of experience in individual giving/digital fundraising or digital marketing.
- Preference will be given to candidates with international experience.
- Proven work experience as technical leader in an IT environment, ideally in online fundraising, with a strong technical background.
- Extent and relevance of experience in front-end knowledge, HTML5, CSS and web standards.
- Understanding of programming languages and modern JS framework is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce is required, experience with Office365 is a plus.
- Good knowledge of a range CRM (Salesforce) and related systems e.g. payment processing and digital marketing.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodology.
- Familiarity with Office365, Power BI.
- Up to date with current technologies and trends in the market.
- Understanding of how technology can optimize the work of often geographically distributed teams.
- High degree of adaptability to learn new technologies and successfully manage the daily challenges of a technical environment.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Knowledge in individual giving/digital fundraising is an asset.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration is an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet and prioritize multiple deadlines and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a goal-oriented manner
- Strong written and oral communications skills and technological literacy.
- Ability to work in multicultural settings that involve a large number of stakeholders.
- Experience of managing external suppliers.
- Strong project organization, planning, and time management
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
Language: Working level of English is essential.