Telecommunications Officer (Open to Malawi Nationals Only)
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Expected Results
- The productivity and effectiveness of the office work increased and enhanced.
- Telecommunications Plan and Budget drafted and administered. Effective telecommunications facilities ensured.
- The office's telecommunication needs effectively supported through seamless integration of ICT facilities.
- Effective customer support and training provided in the areas of information technology and telecommunications.
- ICT resources properly secured, protected and accounted for in needs assessment, procurement, installation, maintenance, software/hardware control, inventory recording.
- The confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Telecommunication system effectively monitored, supported and maintained.
- Management and staff are correctly advised on Telecommunications policies and guidelines for proper and effective operations and administration of ICT systems.
- ICT competency gap analysis accurately made and proper ICT competency building plan and training programmes developed and implemented to support the office's ICT requirements.
- Effective coordination and collaborations developed and maintained with other sections, offices and relevant internal/external partners on all Telecommunications issues of common interest for cost effective resolutions, and engage in internal/external networking to create enable environment.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University degree in Information Technology, Telecommunications, or related field, as below:
- Theoretical foundations of computer science, with practical applications of telecommunications and development of voice and data systems.
- Specialized training in telecommunications technology, management and policy with up-to-date coverage of the issues and trends.
- Training in: management information systems; data communications and networks, computer networking, telecommunications management, telecommunications policy and environment; distributed information systems; and/or information security and control.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- At least two years professional work experience in voice and data communications hardware and software, particularly in the context of radio, wireless and emergency telecommunications and networking, with increasing management-related content at national and international levels.
- Knowledge and experience of field security and emergency communications are highly desirable.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required. Knowledge of another UN working language is an asset.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=498722