Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
- DFID has appointed Palladium, in collaboration with KEHATI and Systemiq, to deliver the fourth phase of the Multistakeholder Forestry Programme in Indonesia (MFP4).
- MFP4 will support Indonesia to achieve its ambitions on sustainable timber and community forestry. The programme will operate for an initial period of 3 years, with a possible extension to 5 years. MFP4 will build on earlier programme phases to deliver an ambitious set of results on coverage of timber licences, export volumes of sustainably sourced timber, area under community forest management, and number and value of community forest businesses.
- To deliver these results, the consortium members will establish a joint technical assistance facility in Jakarta, drawing on their respective experience in facilitating FLEGT VPAs worldwide, implementing previous MFPs in Indonesia, collaborating with Indonesian ministries on community forestry polices and enabling investments in forests and sustainable land use. The MFP4 facility will directly support the Indonesian Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MOEF) to deliver two core work streams:
- Sustainable and legal timber: Ensuring the sustainability of Indonesia's governance reform in the timber sector through the national timber legality assurance system 'SVLK', which underpins FLEGT licensing; and
- Community forest business development: Facilitating the expansion of community forest businesses through increased access to skills, finance, knowledge and services for business development and forest stewardship.
- The Temporary Admin & Finance Assistant will be engaged to provide a high level of administrative and finance support to the MFP4 programme, undertaking the specific duties assigned by the Analyst: Operations. This position is a six (6) months FxTE post starting from mid-August 2019 to mid-February 2020.
Under the direction of Analyst: Operations, the Temporary Admin & Finance Assistant will:
- Provide day to day administrative support;
- Provide financial support for MFP4 weekly payment transfers and weekly financial report (Field Vouchers for bank recon and petty cash);
- Provide financial support in managing petty cash in day to day basis including and not limited to petty cash report and replenishment process;
- Provide administrative support to ensure the accuracy of MFP4's asset register records as per guidance from Analyst: Operations;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to Analyst: Operations, in managing outgoing and incoming letters, hospitality for visitors, managing incoming calls to the office;
- Ensure the completeness of administrational supporting documents of all financial transaction for audit purposes;
- Provide administration support in procurement process for goods and services for MFP4 and ensure that procurement process is compliant with DFID Procurement Guidelines and Palladium MFP4 policies, including obtaining competitive quotations, preparing procurement records and documents;
- Assist in maintaining and updating administration and financial filing system (hardcopy & softcopy) as per guidance from Analyst: Operations;
- Ensure accurate and efficient management of softcopy files and records of administrational and financial supporting documents;
- Other duties as may reasonably be required by the Analyst: Operations consistent with the incumbent's qualifications and experience.
The Temporary Admin & Finance Assistant will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in administration, especially in support function of large scale of international organisation;
- Have experience in finance - experience in Palladium financial system is an advantage but not essential;
- Proven track record in administration management systems and procedures;
- Able to use technology effectively to support the operations of a large program or organisation;
- High level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web browsers;
- Good interpersonal skills, including in a cross cultural context;
- Fluent Bahasa Indonesia and some proficiency in English (preferred);
- Have professional experience in working with Officials of Government of Indonesia, preferably with Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MOEF) / Kementerian Lingkungan Hidup dan Kehutanan is desirable