TEMPORARY M&E ASSOCIATE FOR THE EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The information contained in this description indicates the general nature and expectations of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, and cannot reasonably encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by their supervisor.
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Associate for the Emergency Assistance Program (EAP) will assist with data collection, management, analysis, and reporting for the emergency funds administered by Freedom House. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Senior M&E Specialist of the Emergency Assistance Program. It is a temporary position, with some flexibility in hours, expected to last about 9 months.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Assist Senior M&E Specialist with reporting requirements, including data pulls, analysis and reporting, visualizations, and charting
- Respond to data requests from Freedom House staff, external consultants, donors and others in a timely manner
- Analyze results and trends within data for internal and external reporting purposes
- Collect and input data, create and manage databases
- Manage internal and external correspondence, including correspondence containing sensitive data
- Administrative and financial management support for research and evaluation activities
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, international affairs or development, public administration, or a related field; strong quantitative skills preferred
- Minimum of 6 months of experience working with data and at least some experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in human rights preferred
- Demonstrated project management skills; especially the ability to coordinate and communicate with a variety of stakeholders and workplan and administrative management.
- Analytical skills and the ability to collect, prepare and summarize data, interpret results, and effectively communicate findings in written and spoken English
- Strong knowledge and skills with MS Excel/spreadsheet functionality (e.g. pivot tables, vlookup, charts/graphing)
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages strongly preferred: Russian, Spanish, Arabic, Farsi, French, Mandarin Chinese
- Experience with research, qualitative and quantitative data collection, database management, online survey platforms, and data visualization preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
- Strong inter-personal, inter-cultural and teamwork skills
General Working Conditions:
- General working office environment
- Some long hours including evenings and weekends to complete tasks or attend events
- Travel to event sites and field offices less than 20% of the time
- Exposed to outside weather conditions when required to attend event venues or travel
Sedentary, regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; constantly talk, hear and understand speech at normal levels using a telephone. Occasionally required to stand, walk, and bend over, reach overhead, use hands, wrists and fingers, to grasp, push, pull, move, handle, feel, and type. Constantly required to use close vision and distance vision for regular computer work. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. to waist height.