The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a junior consultancy position of Training Coordinator for the Technology Division based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
The Information Technology division has started a transformation path that required a skilled, innovative and committed workforce. The development of hard and soft skills is therefore a priority to become a more fit-for-purpose and strategic partner to the business.
Under the general supervision of the Head of the Talent and Development and the direct supervision of the Learning & Development Lead, the candidate will identify the divisional learning needs and facilitate L&D solutions to teams. The incumbent will support the division in building technical and behavioural capability in an innovative way, aligned to the IT Strategic Priorities.
- Assist the Learning & Development Lead in identifying the learning needs and priorities for the TEC Division.
- Create an IT Learning Channel on WeLearn (LMS) platform.
- Define standard customer trainings and support specific training requests.
- Communicate and cooperate with external training providers.
- Create interest and encourage training activities and the use of our development programmes/tools (e.g. Lynda.com; WeLearn training courses).
- Produce a training calendar.
- Coordinate and schedule training, by communicating training programs on a timely basis and managing the logistics.
- Arrange the training materials, manuals, hand-outs and other instructional.
- Maintain and update curriculum database, attendance records and feedback sheet, issuance of certificate.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
Education: University degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Literature or another related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in HR/training roles with relevant experience in facilitating L&D programmes, designing training contents.
- Experience in coordinating training events, also at global scale.
- Experience and ability to use data and analysis to identify needs and report on results.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to complete work thoroughly and maintain organized files.
- Good MS Excel skills.
- Detail orientation, fair project management and advanced organizational skills.
- Excellent communication.
- Ethics & Values and Team Work.
- Client Orientation.
- Cognitive Capacity and Interpersonal Relations.
- Stress Resistance and Behavioural Flexibility.
Language: Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.