Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
- Project Background and Objectives
- The DFID 'Delivering Accelerated Family Planning in Pakistan (DAFPAK): Lot 2 Public Sector Service
- Delivery' is a part of the DAFPAK programme funded by the Department of International Development
- (DFID). The 3.5-year programme aims to increase access to family planning services; and improve quality of
- client-centred services such that more women, including adolescents are able to safely plan their
- pregnancies and improve their sexual reproductive health. The expected outcome for the programme is 11.9
- million CYPs generated by expanded access to FP services; 55,000 additional users of family planning and
- an increase in modern CPR from 26.1 at the baseline to 33.9.
- Palladium and its consortium partners, Pathfinder, the Family Planning Association of Pakistan (FPAP), IPAS
- and Aahung will strengthen the quality of service provision in the public sector (across 30+ districts in three
provinces Punjab, Sindh and KPK) by:
Increasing access to FP services:
- Building capacities of government health/FP facility staff on integration of services, improving clinical quality and expanding the range of contraceptives offered.
- Training community workers (LHWs) to expand the FP services that they offer.
- Establishing new procedures in health facilities to better integrate services.
- Improved quality of client-centered FP services:
- Building capacities of the government health/FP facility staff on client-centered/unbiased counselling.
- Building capacities of community workers on better, client-centered/unbiased counselling.
- Building capacities of government health/FP facility staff on improving clinical quality.
- Improving quality assurance systems involving district health management teams, including clinical waste management.
- Beyond building capacities of district health teams, health facility staff and community-based workers. The
- project will focus on sustainably changing behaviours of providers, systemic changes and commitments
- through engagement with and TA to district and provincial level governments, health management teams,
- providers and communities.
The incumbent will have the overall responsibility as focal person to support DAFPAK Project along with Quality Of Care Advisor, activities related to project implementation, coordination and liaison at District level. Manage the interventions and, maintain inventory of project material, help in tracking project activities and support in consolidation of reports, organize reviews, record proceedings and ensure timely feedback for submission to Program department. An important area includes donor coordination for field visits and participation in meetings with project stakeholders
Specific Tasks and Deliverables
- Act as Project Focal Point at the province for QA system strengthening activities
- Maintain coordination with Provincial DOH, PWD Focal Person, RIMNCH and LHW Program, DSM PPHI, other partner and IP representative supporting FP Programs / Projects at provincial level
- Coordinate with DFPAK Islamabad office for seeking guideline and providing update regarding the implementation of QA activities as listed in work plan
- Ensure the timely sharing of work plan / activity calendar with provincial level relevant stakeholders
- In the light of provincial nominations seek endorsement from department heads for timely nomination of appropriate participants in training events
- Prepare monthly report to capture the major events of the program
- Support the district level technical team in coordination and implementation of Quality improvement activities
- Organize and assist in Supportive supervision and Process Monitoring of activities at field level
- Develop training rollout plans in consultation with provincial and district managers.
- Coordinate with Master Trainers and STTA for conducting trainings
- Monitors and mentor district QA officers and assess their competency levels, identifies areas that need improvement, and make plan and support to get the required competency
- Participates in relevant FP program updates on ongoing activities in the province.
- Meets regularly with provincial health and population teams to update and share any gaps for delivering high quality FP services at the selected project district
- Work closely DFPAK district team for the implementation of QA activities at the district
- Perform any other official task assign by the supervisor
- Preparing and submission of reports to supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Medical doctor/ Senior level health professional or equivalent degree in Social or Management Sciences. Master degree will be preferred
- Minimum three year of coordination & management in health sector.
- Should have preferably worked in project or field related activities for MCH /FP programs. Previous experience of working with DOH /PWD will be preferred
- Background knowledge and 3-5 years of experience working in the field of RH/FP in Pakistan
- Familiar and experience of working with Quality Improvement and training approaches
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Specific Public Health System: Foundational knowledge of public health systems.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program or project, including program or project strategies and indicators.
- Training Design, Development and Delivery: Foundational knowledge of curriculum design and development. Ability to deliver training to diverse groups.
- PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of database and internet applications.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced influencing and
- diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.