Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Peshawar, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
This position is based in the FAO office Peshawar. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and International Project Coordinator, and in close coordination with Technical Staff, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring high quality of outputs on all matters related to the project.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain the Capacity Building Framework updated and implemented as per capacity requirements under the programme..
- Prepare individual plans for each training comprising all stages of preparation, clearances, and logistics, allocation of resources, and preparation and approval of course curricula.
- Liaise, negotiate and decide on the tutors, timing and mode of the trainings (in-country, overseas, apprenticeships, exposure visits etc) with international and national providers.
- Ensure that the nomination of trainees is done in due course, competency based, and ensure the timely approvals from the management.
- Where appropriate, visit the potential training venues to be confirmed for upcoming or planned trainings.
- Conduct visits to training venues during the training events to independently evaluate the courses for future considerations and planning,
- Select the reference books, publications and information sources for the information gateway-digital library.
- Ensure all training material is uploaded into the database and shared with program professionals.
- Carry out training needs assessment of appropriate government line department, executing agencies farmers and private sector..
- Evaluation/assessment of training effectiveness/impact.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor..
- University degree in social sciences or relevant discipline in management or human resource development.
- Over 5 years proven experiences in the formulation and implementation of training programs preferably in livestock, irrigation and agriculture.
- National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Training specialist, Trainer, Training Facilitator or similar role
- Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- MS Office proficiency
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS office is necessary.
- Knowledge of Livestock Emergency Guidelines is also required.
- Other livestock related knowledge will be considered an added advantage
- Have extensive experience in leading and or provide training/conduct research on agricultural extension, participatory capacity building approach, equitable and inclusive economic development or related fields
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in developing modular training program curriculum, which comprises three progressive levels of skill acquisition.
- Have extensive experiences in provide training to public officials