Translator - French
World Health Organization(WHO), Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of duties:
- Translates from English into French, and vice versa occasionally, official documentation of governing bodies, correspondence and technical and non-technical materials of varying degrees of complexity;
- Checks daily for new content submitted to the web workflow, translates and posts content to the web site;
- Identifies new terminology material and submits it to the consideration of Translator/Editor.
- Essential: University degree in translation/modern languages.
- Desirable: Post-graduate degree in a relevant field.
Functional Skills and Knowledge :
- Ability to use computer-assisted translation tools and to conduct terminological research.
- Team spirit, tact and discretion essential.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Proficiency in standard computer applications.
- Essential: At least 2 years experience in translation, including some experience in translation of health-related content.
- Desirable: Experience in UN System or an international organization/institution.
- Mother tongue French and excellent knowledge of English.
- Working knowledge of Arabic an asset.
- All candidates MUST take the time to update their Personal History Form (PHF) BEFORE they apply to the vacancy.
- Applicants are kindly requested to pay attention to the screening questions as they will be used to screen out unqualified candidates.
- Only qualified applicants with the relevant experience will be considered.
- A written test/presentation and interviews will be used as a form of screening.
- The written test might be used as eliminatory tool.
- Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice (this could be the base for rosters).
- Candidates will be interviewed using a competency based approach.
- WHO's salaries are calculated in US dollars.
- They consist of a base salary and a post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station and exchange rates.
- Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, home travel, education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance [NB: to be adjusted to the standard VN for posts in the general service category].
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://erecruit.who.int/public/hrd-cl-vac-view.asp?o_c=1000&jobinfo_uid_c=34076&vaclng=en