The World Bank, Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Accountabilities:
- The Transport Analyst (TA) will leverage available urban transport, port and logistics and ICT-related know-how in Singapore to support the transport team in Singapore, the Urban Mobility GSG, the Transit Oriented Development Community of Practice and the Development Corridors and Regional Integration GSG.
- The TA will: (i) play a coordinating role in arranging study tours, knowledge exchanges with Singapore for GTIDR teams and clients; (ii) support the GP in accessing good practices, expertise and tools available in Singapore; (iii) support the Singapore Transport Cluster Leader and transport team in forging partnerships with partners and developing new solutions on urban transport, port and logistics and ICT; (iv) develop and maintain an expert database accessible to the GTIDR team; (v) organize with the Transport Cluster Leader a series of Knowledge Events on priority topics for the EAP/SAR regions; and (vi) contribute to the preparation and supervision of projects, and the preparation of Analytical Services and Advisory activities (ASA) including reimbursable advisory services (RAS) focused on urban transport, ports or logistics across EAP and SAR.
- In carrying out those duties, the appointee will work effectively with the EAP and SAR Transport teams, the GP and related GSGs in both Washington and in the relevant country offices. He/she will report to the EAP Manager and will work under the coordination of the Singapore Transport Cluster Leader. He/she shall be willing to travel across EAP and SAR
- Educational Degree. The Candidate should have an advanced degree (at least Master’s) in economics, finance, engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Sector Experience. At least two years of experience in urban transport or in ports and logistics.
- Professional Experience. Experience in organizing knowledge exchange activities, including study tours for sizable groups would be an advantage.
- Strong organizational, research, and oral presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a team and intercultural environment, with minimal supervision
- Hands-on and action-oriented approach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong ability to synthetize information for broad dissemination and to prepare presentations
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to development work
- Field experience in developing countries a plus
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://web.worldbank.org/external/default/main?pagePK=8454041&piPK=8454059&theSitePK=8453353&JobNo=161911&contentMDK=23158967&order=descending&sortBy=job-req-num&location=ALL&menuPK=8453611&JobType=Professional%20%26%20Technical&JobGrade=GE