Trust and Foundation Partnerships Assistant
Mercy Corps, London or Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Corporate, Trust and Foundation Assistant (CFT Assistant) will provide excellent administrative support to the Corporate, Trust and Foundation Partnerships Team (CFT) for the management and growth of the CFT donor portfolio. The CFT Assistant will play a key role in managing information and data to support the management of grant funding and the stewardship of partners. They will be responsible for managing the Raisers Edge platform, tracking donor grants and reporting, supporting the internal due diligence process, researching new donor prospects, and developing and supporting stewardship approaches.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Senior Manager and Officer with administrative tasks such as maintaining required documentation on internal drive, knowledge management of programme grants, tracking reporting and updating the prospects pipeline.
- Utilise Mercy Corps' fundraising database, the Raisers Edge, as a relationship management tool to record, monitor and report on existing partnerships, new fundraising opportunities, and update records for foundations and companies.
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring compliance with donor regulations and Mercy Corps policies and procedures.
- As needed, support the reviews of donor reports and ensure that reports are submitted in accordance with internal reporting standards, donor requirements and in adherence to deadlines set out in the grant agreement/contract.
- Conduct regular online screening to identify appropriate funding opportunities from donors, also reviewing donor guidelines and carrying out eligibility checks for new funding opportunities identified.
- Research and compile information on new prospects, supporting the preparation of internal and external briefing notes, presentations and documentation as required.
- Provide administrative support for proposal development such as checking adherence to submission requirements, proof reading and copy editing.
- Serve as the primary point for internal communications from country offices.
- Support the team to track developments within the philanthropic landscape.
- Manage the process of due diligence checks on all current and potential corporate, trusts and foundation donors, in accordance with approved Mercy Corps' Due Diligence policy.
- Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or equivalent of proven experience in an administrative role
- Experience or strong interest in Corporates and/or, Trust and Foundations fundraising
- Experience in conducting desk research and developing written reports/documentation
- IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience of using/managing databases – experience of Raiser's Edge would be advantageous