Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and requirements:
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education, overall guidance of the Director of the UNESCO Harare and the direct supervision of the team leader of STEP, the incumbent of the post will be responsible for the implementation of the activities related specific objective 3 aiming at strengthening the governance and management of TEVET regulatory bodies and training institutions. Specifically, s/he will undertake the following tasks and responsibilities:
Coordinate, under the supervision of the team leader, the implementation of activities related specific objective 3 aiming at strengthening the governance and management of TEVET regulatory bodies and training institutions; by
- Drafting terms of references, manage contracts and provide inputs related to activities foreseen in the framework of objective 3;
- Setting up a consultative monitoring framework with the private sector aiming at measuring their satisfaction with the TEVET system;
- Ensuring capacity building to the central level, in particular to the MoLYMD;
- Monitoring and evaluating achievements to inform system actions;
Coordinate the implementation of objective 3 in compliance with the project specific objectives, activities and expected outputs by:
- Ensuring a quality achievement of objective 3 outputs in line with UNESCO qualitative standards and donor’s rules and regulations;
- In cooperation with UNESCO’s team members designing a detailed work plan and regularly monitoring its implementation;
- Preparing a plan for the procurement of goods and services and regularly monitoring its implementation;
- Identifying project implementation partners and providers of goods and services;
- Drafting terms of reference of contracts for implementation of objective 3 activities;
- Following–up on the implementation of the contracts, assessing the quality of services provided and requesting disbursement of funds;
- Contribute to set-up internal and external collaborative frameworks for effective implementation of the programme;
- Building synergies with other projects and activities of the other Development Partners active in the sector.
Provide technical assistance and inputs on project activities related to objective 3 in particular capacity building and monitoring and evaluation activities including:
- Organize annual forum to give stakeholders an opportunity to review progress in the sector and to discuss key thematic issues;
- Set up a consultative monitoring framework with the private sector aiming at measuring their satisfaction with the TEVET system;
- Ensure capacity building to the central level, in particular to the MoLYMD;
- Monitor and evaluate achievements to inform system actions;
Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of project implementation and the reporting on project activities by:
- Taking the lead in the monitoring and evaluating of project activities, reporting on progress and suggesting updates of the project log frame;
- Presenting analysis on project performance in particular for objective 3 based on commitment of indicators and implementation of activities as well as output delivery;
- Regularly monitoring the financial status of objective 3 and suggesting to Team Leader revisions if needed;
- Contributing to preparation of reports on project activities for UNESCO, the EU Delegation and partners;
- Fostering exchanges of information, experience, identifying new strategies of action to improve delivery of services and to achieve the project requirements and objective 3 expected outcomes;
- Carry out other activities as requested by his/her supervisors at the Regional Office for Southern Africa.
- An advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in education, social or political sciences, institutional management, development studies or related area.
- At least four to seven years of extensive experience in in TEVET institution management and organization.
- At least four years of experience in developing TVET institution and reinforcing their autonomy in African context.
- Experience and understanding of capacity development in education and training.
- Knowledgeable of the TEVET institution regulations and financing.
- Knowledge of TEVET institutions information systems would be an asset.
- Good team building and ability to work in international environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and oral expression.
- Good computer and other IT skills.
- Previous experience with UN agencies and/or European Union.
- Demonstrated experience in developing monitoring and evaluation tools
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- UNESCO’s salaries are calculated in US dollars and exempt from income tax.
- They consist of a basic salary and a post adjustment which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station and exchange rates.
- Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, home travel, education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
How to Apply
- To apply, please send your application letter, UNESCO CV (CV Form to be used), in English by email to recruitmentSTEP-ROSA@unesco.org before 4 June 2016 midnight (Paris time).