Roche, Tucson, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Collaborate closely with other UX functions (research / design), engineering, product managers and data science from initial discovery research and design concepting through the execution of interaction and visual design.
Support and refine the product user experience, look, feel and style through user research and/or design improvements. In addition to product design, may operate across the portfolio to ensure a cohesive and consistent experience.
Expected to tackle tough problems with elegant solutions.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining UX design standards, asset libraries, and design system for our suite of products.
- Design and deliver initial concept designs, user flows, wireframes, journey maps, and mockups.
- Plan and execute on user research across the product development process from discovery research through usability testing and behavioral analytics using the appropriate research methodologies.
- Stay current with best practices, methodologies, and tools in the areas of design and/or user research.
- Communicate research and/or design efforts to various stakeholders.
- Keeps up to date with UX trends.
- Decision making within own project / area of responsibility while understanding impact beyond their project. Drive alignment of their designs across projects
- Embedded in project team. May be engaged in cross-functional or cross-organizational working group.
- Manages multiple stakeholder expectations / needs, mainly on peer level. Facilitates decision- making. Knows when to escalate.
- Comfortable to reach out to other organizations / departments in company; mainly peer level.
- Works under general supervision, receiving general instructions; plans and executes own work
- Applies solid knowledge of scientific, technical, or professional concepts in own discipline
- Uses discretion and independent judgment to consider and determine appropriate solutions/actions to a range of problems
- Uses established procedures, policies and mythologies to resolve standard problems
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 2 years OR PhD with entry level experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience, with 3 years of experience for each year of education.
Relevant experience/ Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong skills in one and capable in two others. (From the following: Qualitative UX research; Quantitative UX research; Data visualization; Business &Prioritization modelling; Interaction design; Visual design; Special design areas; Engineering frameworks; UX/UE Evaluation; UE process in medical devices; UX/UE frameworks; Workshop facilitation).
- Consistently demonstrates Roche values and growing in areas of Roche core competencies.
- Willing to challenge own ideas based on feedback.
- Comfortable with change and implementation upon guidance. Ability to bring forward ideas for problem solving in area of responsibility.
- Ability to work with internal and external (i.e. design agencies, 3rd party supplier) stakeholders on project level.
- Ability to guide and coach less senior peers; capable to take on UX Lead in small, less complex projects under supervision.
- Skill in understanding UX role within immediate organization.
- Ability to reach out to other organizations / departments in company; mainly peer level.
- Ability to apply solid knowledge of scientific, technical, or professional concepts in own discipline.
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment to consider and determine appropriate solutions/actions to a range of problems.
- Ability to use established procedures, policies and methodologies to resolve standard problems.