The Colombo Plan for Cooperative Economic and Social Development in Asia and Pacific, which has its headquarters in Colombo, Sri Lanka, is an inter-governmental organization with a membership of 27 countries in the Asia-Pacific region. Applications are hereby invited from qualified and experienced International and local personnel for the above post based in Colombo, which meet the required criteria:
Background of the Colombo Plan Gender Affairs Programme:
The Colombo Plan Gender Affairs Programme (CPGAP) will focus on women and children’s rights, issues and development. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist reports to the Director – CPGAP and assists the director to implement activities, especially on all Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data under the Project Monitoring Plan (PMP) and Data Collection Template (DCT) of the Afghanistan Women Shelter Fund (AWSF) project and Afghanistan Children Support Center Fund (ACSCF) Project. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for and serves as the focal point for managing all monitoring aspects, monitoring reports, Datasets, Data tracking and Data Analysis in the Programme based on the PMP and DCT. S/he will represent and uphold the vision, mission and values of the Colombo Plan while guiding and collaborating with implementing partners.
Job Duties/Main Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive M&E plan for the Colombo Plan’s Gender Affairs Programme (including monthly/quarterly formats, templates and data collection methods relevant under this programme).
- Provide technical support on M&E data analysis and prepare all required donor and stakeholder data reports, templates and monitor M&E plans based on the project PMP and Data Collection Template (supported by Tableau software).
- Responsible for the M&E in the project, the collection of consistent and reliable monitoring reports, data and performance indicator data in the DCT from implementing partner organizations, tracking project performance and track against expected outcomes and indicators.
- Responsible for data cleaning and data analysis, data aggregation and periodic review and verification of the data, and reporting of data to internal and external stakeholders, such as to produce descriptive statistics on output and outcome data.
- Conduct data validation exercises, including site visits and document reviews, to ensure that implementers’ reporting is accurate and credible (this may include visits to the Kabul office).
- Create data presentations, charts, graphs, interactive reports and factsheets from the Data Collection Template.
- Monthly and Quarterly data review, preparation and submission of output data on all project-related activities through the DCT.
- Analyze monthly and quarterly reports from Partners, prepare Monitoring Overview and Quarterly reports to the donor.
- Develop partner and staff capacity on M&E, monthly and quarterly reporting and data collection (through workshops in Kabul and regular support with the team).
- Keep data tracking of all training and participants from CP member countries who have participated and benefited from CPGAP programmes.
- Carry out other duties as and when they arise.
- Secure the confidentiality of all interactions, monitoring reports, data and records at all times.
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of the Colombo Plan.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Effective and efficient data gathering knowledge and data analytical skills, especially with Tableau Software and Excel based packages.
- Fully proficient computer and math skills and high attention to detail.
- Proactive and able to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven networking, team-building, decision-making, organizational and written and spoken communication skills.
- Master’s Degree- preferably in Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, or other relevant field. A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience below may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 8 years’ experience in design of Data and M&E systems and data analysis for large scale Programmes, development and assessment of logical frameworks and partner reports.
- Skilled in using Tableau software for data analysis and all Excel packages.
This appointment will be for a fixed term of One (01) year and dependent on the funding of donor agencies.