Vice President-Research and Advisory Services
Sambodhi, Noida, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Sambodhi are measurement experts with a flair for innovation and improvisation to meet the rising demand for actionable data. They are knowledge partners and advisors to donors, governments, implementers and public and private-sector organizations across the world. They use data driven evidence to help organizations worldwide solve critical problems, make better decisions and capitalize on new opportunities.
Position: Vice President-Research and Advisory Services
Based out of our India office, the Vice President will lead projects and teams engaged in livelihoods and allied thematic areas. This role is expected to be at the cutting edge of contemporary M&E narrative with excellent appreciation of client needs and expectations. The Vice President is expected to drive projects and ensure high quality deliverables. While leading a team of high performing colleagues, the Vice President is expected to play a key role in mentoring and supporting the team.
The VP will perform the following key functions:
- Lead in the development of high quality, compliant proposals. Conceptualize and implement a marketing/business strategy. This includes developing opportunities with new and existing clients, tracking upcoming RFPs, leading proposal development teams, networking, etc.
- Lead client engagement during the entire project cycle
- Lead designing and contextualizing methods and practices inevaluation
- Generate high quality research findings in the form of reports, academic and working papers for internal and external dissemination
- Providing technical expertise and mentoring support to the research team
- Manage project implementation and ensure data quality with active involvement at every stage of research implementation.
- Assist and lead the project team in the development of reports, presentations, and other communication materials. This may include research, drafting, editing, data analysis and presentation.
- Make and deliver presentations of reports / proposals to clients / potentialclients.
- Liaison with partner organizations, consultants, vendors and other relevant agencies
- Doctorate/Advance Masters/Master’s in Social Sciences or related disciplines from Premier Universities
- Minimum 8-14 years’ work experience in Research and M&E.
- Experience on contemporary methodologies and practices, with hands-on experience in writing and publications
- Experience of working in the social and development research and with large data sets is desired.
- In-depth knowledge of Research, Evaluation, Data Analysis & thematic understanding of various sectors in the social & development domain.
- Should have excellent understanding of the relevant policy landscape and regulatory environment
- High level of involvement, engagement and ownership
- Flair for building quality relationships with clients
- Demonstrated competence in handling teams
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation ability
- Proven influencer and communicator with seniorstakeholders within and outside the organization
- Strong time management skill and ability to prioritize
- Willingness to travel extensively