The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate in Management, Business Administation, Economics, Supply Chain or Related Field
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English & Urdu
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill Volunteer position (unpaid). This position will be based at our Country Office in Islamabad, Pakistan. The Volunteer programme will be for an initial period of 3 months.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Supply Chain Unit with the following key duties:
- Support in the review and maintenance of the office files, documents and records in accordance with established systems and processes, so that information is current and readily available for staff.
- Clear the backlog of the filling works and sort contract files year wise in the procurement unit’s document store
- Clean up the procurement drive and arrange files and folders for ease of access.
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available.
- Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other materials, to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Respond to simple routine queries with readily available support by senior staff, and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate response to enquiries.
- Perform other duties as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Fresh graduates will be considered and prioritize.
- Some exposure in Procurement / Supply Chain or Related Field.