The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In September 2016, WFP signed the largest humanitarian deal in European history: a €348 million contract with the European Union to roll out a programme known as the Emergency Social Safety Net (ESSN). ESSN programme in Turkey contributes of the goals laid out in the Grand Bargain. Partnering with the European Commission’s Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid department (ECHO), WFP has joined forces with the Turkish Red Crescent and the Government of Turkey to lessen the suffering of over a million refugees in Turkey.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science, Public Health/Nutrition, Geography or other related field, with 3 years of professional work experience or First University degree with at least 4 years of related work experience.
- Fluency ( Level C ) in both English and Turkish Languages.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent English writing skills
To contribute to the VAM evidence base that supports food security and nutrition policies and programmes (e.g. needs assessment and situation analyses, programme design, targeting, cost effectiveness, and operational efficiency).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to the development of VAM projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies and guidance.
- Support the development of systems and tools for the monitoring and assessment of food assistance needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practice.
- Support the development of food security and vulnerability analysis and the preparation of timely reports on food assessment needs in line with wider VAM policies, processes and guidance to enable effective decision-making on the development of country strategy, policies and programmes.
- Provide assistance on the coordination of data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Liaise with implementing partners (internal and external) to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to conduct vulnerability analysis to effectively inform preparedness and response activities.
- Provide support to relevant partners that are focusing on food security and nutrition issues to enable sharing of experience, lessons learned and best practice.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.