World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Position Title: Warehouse Supervisor (4)
Location: Gokwe North, Kariba, Chimanimani, Nkayi
Purpose of the Position:
To ensure proper and safe custody (storage) of all food and non-food commodities entrusted to the care of WV by the donor. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for documentation of commodity transactions in the warehouse, including receipt, storage and delivery of all food and non-food commodities.
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all commodities arriving at the warehouse and leaving the warehouse are properly accounted for.
- Receive the commodities in the warehouse. Make sure to know in advance about the types and amount of commodities to expect in the warehouse so storage plan can be prepared before arrival of commodities.
- Scrutinize all waybills to ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill.
- Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any. All observations must be recorded immediately.
- Supervise loading and off-loading of the commodities make sure it is properly undertaken. Commodities must carefully be inspected and counted during off-loading before accepting in the warehouse.
- Immediately reconstitute torn / loose / slack / leaking / damaged bags, tins or cartons to prevent any further loss. Document such activity.
- Responsible to accurately fill and update all the warehouse records including Ledger books and Stack Cards. Quantities recorded on these documents must correspond to the daily physical stock in the warehouse.
- Keep daily records of warehouse movement (commodities received and dispatched including the destinations).
- Commodities shall never leave the warehouse without prior approval of the Project Coordinator or his/her designee.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Higher National Diploma in Warehouse/Storehouse Management, Logistics, or any related field. A Degree will have added advantage.
- At least 2 years of experience in a related field preferably with an NGO working in commodity programming and logistics. They should also be willing to live and work in any part of the country.
- A mature candidate, a self-starter, with dedication and ability to work with less or no supervision. Must demonstrate willingness to learn and work with others as a team.
- Good command of oral and written English a must. Ability to speak local languages.
- Clean class 4 driver’s license is a must.
- A mature Christian who shows a desire to serve humanity and to strengthen his/her relationship with the Lord.