Wash and Shelter Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council, Cameroon
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the Wash and Shelter Coordinator position is to assist the Programme Development Manager, lead and supervise the implementation of all Wash and Shelter projects in NRC Cameroon South West and North West programm. this include: ensure effective planning and quality implementation and providing technical support in the development of NRC’s WASH programming for Water, sanitation, hygiene promotion and shelter activities
Identify learning and training opportunities for NRC staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff. Look for opportunities for experiential learning within all work
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Wash and Shelter projects (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality,
- Contribute to Wash and Shelter strategy development and provide input on needs and gaps from relevant area
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Identify learning and training opportunities for NRC staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff. Look for opportunities for experiential learning within all work
- ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender and children issues. In particular, to promote the full and equal participation of women and in all aspects of the work.
- Develop and manage project budget, as delegated from Program Development Manager
- Prepare and oversee the implementation process to ensure timely delivery of programme activities
- Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of WASH Programmes of at least 4 years experience in a humanitarian and development programme preferably with an INGO.
- Experience in staff management and development and supervisory roles
- Experience in managing and undertaking hygiene promotion in a relief programme is essential.
- Proven ability to use MS Office software (especially Word, powerpoint and Excel) is essential.
- Experience with other computer programs such as SAP 2000 and Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge of South-West and North-West regions use, habit and local language
- Good analytical skills, with an ability to translate analysis into recommendations for practical action, including concept note and proposal development.
- Fluency in English and work knowledge of an international language are required
- Knowledge and experience of the application of SPHERE standards and links to emergency and longer-term development practice.
- Proven experience of effective integration of gender in public health programming
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Cultural sensitivity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Diplomacy and tact, to be able to liaise, negotiate and plan with relevant officials, other agency staff, local artisans and community representatives.
- Beginning: August 2018
- Duration of the contract: fixed term contract, 05 months with high possibility of renewal according to the financing
- Salary / Benefits: According to the NRC Salary Policy.
- Duty station: Buea with 25% of field trips