World Vision International(WVI), Lilongwe, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
- To provide leadership and management of the borehole drilling teams and services, undertake quality and professional works on the study, design and development of ground water.
- Prepare well designs, contract document and BOQ for the contract
- Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
- Engage in groundwater resources assessments and detail investigation in partnership with ADP,s, engineers and government staff.
- Manage and coordinate the overall drilling operation, water quality test, pump test installation and groundwater investigation
- Prepare annual drilling operation, water quality test, pump test installation and groundwater investigation plans, reports, proposals and concept papers and review them for maximum compliance with the set standards and follow up its implementation
- Prepare contract document and well design for drilling works
- Prepare detail specification of drilling supplies, pumps and pump testing supplies based on the study design document
- Plan, organize and ensure the periodic and annual services of drilling machines, compressors and trucks together with the coordinators and chief mechanic
- Ensure that borehole drilling works are underway in compliance with community needs, donor requirements, WV and government policies and national standards
- Engage in the preparation of WASH concept notes and proposals
- Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment
- Take part in planning, facilitation and conducting trainings on WASH related trainings to NO, PrOs, ADP staff and other stakeholder
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate in daily devotions
- Perform other duties as required.
- Educational level required: B.Sc in Geology or M.Sc in Hydrogeology
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired ( well selection and use of geophysical instruments)
- Experience: For B.Sc 4 years in well site selection and study design
- Preferred: M.Sc in Hydrogeology with 2 years experience in study and design of groundwater sources and use of geophysical instrument
- Other team management exposure and computer knowledge (word and excel)
- Other: NGO experience preferred