Are you our new team member? We are looking for a WASH Programme Development Manager with skills and experience in WASH and Shelter to scale up our response in Central America.
NRC is working in Northern Central America responding to Others Situations of Violence (OSV) and Protection crisis. The main targets are Internally Displaced Population (IDPs), People in Need of International Protection (PNIP) fleeing their home countries towards Mexico and United States and deportees from Mexico and United States.
Starting 2021, The NCA operation will be a stand-alone country programme. Until then it is an area office under Colombia programme with WASH and shelter components that are planned to scale up.
In terms of WASH and Shelter NRC assists IDPs and PNIP with both temporary and transitional/permanent solutions. Temporary solutions include establishing agreements with existing collective centres to provide temporary safe spaces, shelter, WASH facilities and basic humanitarian assistance—usually in the form of multi-purpose cash or Non-Food Item (NFI) kits—to PNIP and IDPs. NRC can also repair, upgrade or maintain collective shelters managed by other organizations. NRC trains local organisations and civil servants on temporary shelter minimum standards as well as on shelter maintenance and safe use. Transitional/permanent shelter and WASH solutions include the construction, repair, maintenance and/or upgrade of facilities and the provision of hardware assets for both educational institutions and community spaces.
The purpose of the Programme Development Manager (PDM) is to be responsible for the design, development and implementation of WASH & Shelter CC programme/projects in North Central America Operation covering Honduras and El Salvador as well as over-viewing activities of NRC downstream partners in Guatemala and Mexico. The WASH PDM will manage the WASH & Shelter team and ensure capacity building and transferring knowledge to the technical team.
Duties and responsibilities
Complete JD available in this link: Job Description
- Develop WASH & Shelter strategies, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, WASH and Shelter tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible of development and manage funding proposal, project budgets and donor reports
- Overall management of project staff
- Coordinate and manage CCs WASH and Shelter project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of PNPI/refugees/IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Initiate and conduct new assessments, and develop new program proposals within WASH and Shelter, linked to the country strategy
- Recruitments of project staff and ensure capacity building and transfer key skills in order to build a strong national project team.
- Explore new methodologies, techniques, and materials for development and design for Shelter and WASH solutions
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical experience with WASH and Shelter
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience and knowledge of the Latin American context is an asset
- Experience with start-up of new WASH and Shelter programs, including assessment, developing program strategies and proposals.
- Experience in working with an integrated programming approach
- Knowledge and understanding of behaviour change methodologies, hygiene promotion and prevention of Infection
- Ability to use ICT software to develop proposals, budgets, work plans, and monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards such as Sphere and HAP.
- Experience in training and capacity building of staff, and aptitude for community mobilization
We are looking for a person with abilities and experience with:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- A good sense of humour is an asset