World Vision International(WVI), Dohuk, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
- To provide supervision, technical assistance and project management skills to local staff within our operational areas in KRI.
- To coordinate, manage resources and implement WASH activities, including constructing and rehabilitating water supply and sanitation systems and promoting good hygiene practices to IDPs and host communities within our operational areas.
- WASH activities include assessments of need, project design, technical designs, coordinating with local organizations , private contractors and vendors, school committees monitoring, weekly progress reporting, evaluation and weekly planning.
- Assess public health risks, water and sanitation needs, available resources and the capacity of existing systems for IDPs living in the following situations: camp settlements, schools, with host families and damaged buildings.
- Consult with local organisations and IDP community representatives (including women) about access, design and management of water systems and sanitation facilities, as well as hygiene promotion needs.
- Design and implement water storage, treatment and distribution systems for drinking and other uses.
- Design and implement household and communal sanitation systems which includes connections to sewerage network, septic tank designs, maintenance of drainage network and vector control. To be done in close coordination with civil council and IDP communities.
- Develop hygiene promotion materials for staff training and IDP information, in conjunction with our health team.
- Deliver training on water treatment, water quality testing, maintenance and hygiene promotion to our local staff, cleaners, community monitors and mobilisers.
- Assess condition, set up maintenance systems, train staff and arrange repairs of water tanks and pumps, generators, pipe networks and drainage systems.
- Prepare technical drawings and Bill of Quantities (BoQ) specifications for water and Sanitation infrastructure.
- Develop, negotiate and manage contracts with service providers (may include preparing tender documentation and evaluating capacity and quality of contractors)
- Supervise contractors.
- Liaise with other NGOs/Civil Council/Water & School & Health authorities/Donors to ensure coordination, consultation and works approval.
- Represent World Vision at WASH cluster coordination and donor meetings on WASH.
Coordination and Project Management:
- Work with the WASH Program Manager to plan, implement and manage WASH projects.
- Ensure coordination of activities with World Visions Child Protection, Finance, Health, Logistics and Security members and teams.
- Ensure that gender and protection are mainstreamed in all activities and within the community.
- Ensure timely ordering, purchase and transportation of goods to the project.
- Provide monthly reports on usage and stocks of WASH supplies and petty cash.
- Ensure the programs take into account local capacities of local personnel and local community groups, ensure open community participation and consultation.
- Support implementation of information provision mechanisms as per IDP program.
- Establish and support implementation of context-appropriate complaints and feedback mechanisms.
- Orient and train staff, community and partners on international standards (eg. The Sphere Project etc.) and their application.
- Ensure the Program Accountability Framework is integrated in WASH project.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Undergraduate/Bachelor Degree or Post graduate Diploma in following specialisations - Civil, Environmental, Hydraulics, Water & Waste or Public Health Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 2 year of in-country experience in a developing country in implementing or managing Disaster Response and Preparedness programs in any field related to water, sanitation, health or shelter: involving assessments, design, planning, implementation, budgeting, reporting, and evaluation and monitoring.
- Completed a recognised personal security course in the past 3 years.
- Strong English and Arabic communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to travel across the governorates regularly for training, assessment, regular monitoring and evaluation.
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Able to use a computer, with word-processing and spreadsheets, (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Understanding of internet and email.
- Experience in managing staff, partners and facilitating capacity building.
- 3 years of international experience in developing countries in implementing or managing Disaster Response and Preparedness programs in any field related to water/sanitation, health or shelter: involving assessments, design, planning, implementation, budgeting, reporting and evaluation and monitoring.
- Knowledge of Kurdish an advantage.