Water Quality Engineer
World Vision, Kacyiru Sud, Rwanda
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
World Vision Rwanda is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 28 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Water Quality Engineer. The position will be based in Gashora, reporting to the Project Manager.
Purpose of the position:
To contribute to the key objective of the project by ensuring safe water production, provision of clean water. The job involves also repairing & maintaining the water distribution system and building structures that facilitate adequate water supply in clean and safe conditions.
Required qualifications and skills
- University degree in Water and Environmental Engineering with at least 2 years of experience in Construction and management of WASH infrastructures, water quality test and analysis,
- Training on WASH, water and environmental management
- Experience in Designing, Supervising and management of construction works for water supply projects.
- Further knowledge for methods of collecting, preserving and documenting water quality samples.
- Exposure to Engineering Software including AutoCAD+ Covadis, ArchCAD, Arch GIS
- Experience working with NGO is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills with a good command in English, knowledge of French is an added advantage;
- Proficient in Microsoft office, word, excel, and PowerPoint;
- Capable to work under pressure;
- Good interpersonal skills and high team working spirit