We are a young European-based organisation serving the international humanitarian and development sectors. Founded in 2014, by an IT expert and an experienced humanitarian during the Red Cross response to the Haiyan (Yolanda) typhoon in the Philippines, we provide a variety of innovative services bridging humanitarian work and cutting-edge technology to disseminate new IT tools and significantly improve the efficiency of humanitarian organisations.
In this role, you must be self-motivated, able to work both independently and closely with your team. Our ideal candidate is a passionate advocate for best practices, scalable architecture and quality user experiences.
TYPE OF PROJECTS
We developed a platform to help manage Emergency response pools of experts (ie. Respond to the need to deploy staff and volunteers after an earthquake) and find the right candidate for the right mission on the field, and a platform for managing humanitarian and development projects, including transferring money and goods in humanitarian relief scenarios with the latest technologies available for People in Need.
- A portfolio which shows strong design work for web and mobile.
- Experience with prototyping tools like Axure, Framer.js etc. This includes the ability to create quick prototypes based on ideas and be able to test it out with various stakeholders in order to create a better user experience.
- Strong familiarity with coding programs (ex. Angular, React, D3.js, HTML, CSS). This also includes strong communication skills especially when working with developers.
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of web and mobile technologies and ideally some experience that extends beyond-screen based designs.
- Proven capability of working on a project from the concept to the final design package.
- Ability to design and prototype UI for web and mobile platforms
- Eye for design and UX consistency across platforms
- Good English, written and spoken
- Have a passion for coding
- No 9-5 mentality (we value flexibility and passion), proactive and easy goingv
- Excellent analytical and intuitive problem solving skills
- Able to learn to new technologies quickly
We use web and mobile technologies such as AngularJs, Ionic, Grav, RESTfull API, Dependency Manager, versioning. We will also provide the necessary complementary trainings.
- Ensure a cohesive and optimized user experience.
- Develop innovative digital solutions for institutional projects and complex service requests.
- Design and develop microsites for targeted projects.
- Manage workflow and maintain tight deadlines of multiple, simultaneous projects, with prioritization guidance from Managers
- Exchange knowledge and support among internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use