Web Content Intern
UN Children's Fund, Beirut, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
We are looking for two dynamic, self-motivated individuals with experience and skills in web content management system, to publish content on the website.
How can you make a difference?
The Web Content Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Publishing, posting, updating content to the web content management system, to expedite the launch of UNICEF Lebanon Country Office website. (requires working with content management system- Drupal).
- Create, resize, upload and organize site assets with the support of section’s Graphic Designer.
- Support development of an up-to-date web content database.
- Assists with producing reports on web traffic using Google Analytics.
- Maintains and updates spreadsheets with details about the status of all web activities.
- As relevant, track and report on digital metrics, including website and social media.
Deliverables and Schedules:
- Assist with creating new web pages by cutting and pasting text, re-sizing and adding photographs, and selecting and adding templates; updating existing pages as needed.
- The content will include web pages, images, videos, blog posts, articles, stories, photo essays, press releases and reports.
- Monitor analytics and prepare a report on website and social media activities
- The interns will work from the Beirut Office and working hours are flexible.
- No travel is anticipated as part of this assignment but in-country travel opportunities may arise.
- The duration of the assignment is 3 months, with possibility of extension. Working hours to be agreed upon with Communication Officer (Digital).
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Enrolled in a degree programme in an undergraduate or graduate school in Computer Science, Management Information System, Information Technology, Vocational and technical education (VTE): Technicien Supérieur (TS) in Informatics or Systems and Networks. Or have graduated within the past two years
- Excellent command of English and Arabic
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of web content management systems Drupal and a basic understanding of web structure. Basic HTML.
- Proficient with Google Analytics.
- Good attention to detail, creativity, analysis, and focus. Must be able to work independently with minimal oversight and in teams.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Knowledge of photo and video editing is an asset. Proficiency in Adobe suite products, such as Photoshop and Premiere is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.